Post # 1
Hey lovely ladies,
So I am doing my own wedding day make-up and tomorrow I’m going out to buy all the final products I need. I want to know what products you guys are using if you are doing your own wedding day make-up and any tips that you’ve heard.
All I know is that I need to be picky with a moisterizer the morning of, no SPF in any of my products (makes face look pale with flash photography)…and that’s it! That’s all I know!
As of right now I need a moisterizer (for combination skin), a really great primer (nothing too oily or shimmery), and a peachy blush (I have medium skin tone). I’ve found quite a few great products that I can share if any of you want to know also
Post # 3
Get some Monistat Chafing gel to use as your primer. Six bucks. Miracle worker.
Post # 4
Does it make your skin look oily at all under make-up? Also, where the heck do you buy it?! I’ve looked everywhere!
Post # 5
I got mine at Target right next to all the other Monistat products. LOL. No, it does not make your skin look oily. It’s the same formula as Smashbox photo primer.
Post # 6
Walgreens… or anywhere that has a feminine prodcut aisle
I used Smashbox photofinish foundation & concealor
Mix the Chaffing gel WITH the foundation before application.. I didn’t have any issue with shine or oiliness
Bare Mineral’s Powder Foundation (I liked it better than a regular powder)
and Bridesmaid or Best Man Warmth for my cheeks
a drug store blush for the apples of my cheeks
cheap eyeshadow palette in blues (with the primer it went on great)
and the Make up Forever HD microfinish powder
My makeup looked great and with the finishing powder stayed ALL day! =)
Post # 7
Post # 8
I haven’t checked target yet, but so far I couldn’t find it at CVS, walgreens, and rite aid.
But I’ll check Target tomorrow. Thanks amnystik and ohheavenlyday!
Post # 9
What I Used and similar products:
– Make Up For Ever’s Mat Velvet + Foundation — Revlon Colorstay is just as good
– Make Up For Ever’s HD Microfinish Powder — e.l.f. has a similiar product that works well… they sell 9 times as much for 1/3 the price
– Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer — its the same formula as Smashbox Photo Finish and way, way cheaper
– Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara — Maybelline One by One is my favorite drugstore brand
– Palladio Herbal Eyeshadow Primer — I think this works better than Urban Decay’s Primer Potion, you can get it at Sally’s Beauty Supply
– Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush — it claims to last 12 hours and really, truly does
– Maybelline Hip Cream Eyeliner
– Rimmel Moisture Lipstick in Coral Shimmer w/ NARS Orgasm Lip Gloss on top
Post # 10
I love NARS blush in orgasm. its flattering to every skin tone and has a nice shimmer to it! I also use a pale pink pencil by benefit called eye bright in the inside corners and outside corners of my eye. it works miracles!
Post # 11
@beingmrsburns: SO helpful!!!
thank you guys!
Post # 12