(Closed) DJ & UPLIGHTING???

posted 9 years ago in Money
Post # 3
2249 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

yikes! I know I’m in oregon but that seems like a lot. Do you have it in your budget if so go with what you want at the best price you can find!

Post # 4
700 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Seriously, I think you could probably find a dj for under a thousand and hire someone to do lighting for $400 or so….But I’m in Iowa/Illinois so things may be cheaper here…

Post # 5
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2008

What part of SoCal are you in? There’s a great DJ company based in San Diego that does DJing and uplighting and they’re pricing is pretty reasonable. You might want to get a price quote from them. They’re called DJ Guy.

I used them and they did a great job. I’m not sure how much lower their pricing will be, but I feel like you should be able to get a pretty good deal from them. $1600 sounds like a lot for a dj with uplighting, but that just might be the average for Socal.

Post # 6
248 posts
Helper bee

The uplighting cost depends on how many lights you need. We are using 40 lights which can subtly color change throughout the night (which was extra $) and a custom monogram – the cost is $1000 for all and this is supposedly "half-price" during a prepay special the DJ offered. So it’s about $20 per light and $200 for custom gobo monogram in Illinois.

Post # 7
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I booked our dj in orange county. Its 20 $ per up light. Im not sure how many lights i would do per room but were def going to do it.

Check out afterdarkentertainment.com

He has awesome pricing!

Post # 8
2205 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’m in the Chicago suburbs (and I looked for DJ’s downtown and in the burbs) and the average price was $800-$1200

$2500 seems like an awful lot!  I think you can probably find a much cheaper DJ that can rent lighting!

Post # 9
4 posts
Wannabee

A good DJ in a major metropolitan area will charge at least 1000 for a wedding. Uplighting can range from 25 per light and up. If the DJ is using the latest remote controlled, battery powered LED lights, you can expect his cost to reflect that.

[promotional link deleted, per site policy]

The topic ‘DJ & UPLIGHTING???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors