Post # 1
Hello bees! We’re planning a wedding from 9 hours away (ahh!!) so we can only interview some vendors over the phone. Tonight, we are talking to DJs and were hoping for some advice on what we can ask them to get to know if they are the right fit for us. Any suggestions? How did you find your DJs?
If you want some more info on the background of the wedding, I’ve blogged about it at my website. Essentially, we’re looking for a DJ who will fit all crowds and just keep the party going. We’re both young and want someone who has updated their catalog since 1982! Haha 🙂
Post # 3
I got recommendations from my wedding coordinators and a friend who was married in the same area. I also followed up with reading tons and tons of reviews online and then having an interview with the chosen DJ.
Some questions to ask:
1. What’s your style of announcements/entertainment? (Essential if you don’t want a cheesy DJ…)
2. How do you make sure only music we like is played?
3. If you don’t have a song or the music we want, are there extra fees for you to aquire that music?
4. How long does your setup take? How much power is needed?
5. What happens if the DJ is sick and cannot perform? (They need to have a backup plan!)
And many, many other questions. But that’s a good start.
Post # 4
Thanks!! Those are great suggestions! 🙂