(Closed) Do 2012 dates shock anyone?

posted 7 years ago in January 2012
Post # 3
Hostess
11068 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@bananejaune: Me too. ‘Anyone else feel like a super-slacker? (Even though I spend 2+ hours reading bee posts every day…) lol agree with that one too ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 4
533 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

lol, i agree! i’ve see brides with their their table numbers done & their entire look down packed… i’m like wow! i feel like i’m only half way, i dont even have a florist yet!!! do you!?? we are both november brides!! 

Post # 6
533 posts
Busy bee

@bananejaune: yay! i’ve always wanted a planning buddy! :p

i know! i ask myself that too! i feel like i’m getting way too comfortable since i have “the big things” out of the way.. 

i have a meeting with one on monday but i have the feeling they will be way out of my price range :/ 

here is what i have:

ceremony venue

reception venue 

photo&video

cake

bm dresses/gift/look

1/2 way through milk glass collecting

dress/veil

shoes/bracelet/necklace 

makeup artist

Save The Dates

limo reservation

chiavari chairs vendor

color scheme chosen/flowers & theme…

i’m still missing lots of things!!!

florist

children’s look (in the bridal party)

all my DIY stuff!!!!!! (which is a lot!)

wedding invitations

& many more things i cannot think about right now!

what about you?!

:] 

Post # 7
4582 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We’re less than five months away and we still need to:

Pick out tuxes

Pick out and purchase wedding bands

Meet with our officiant (FI’s dad) and work on ceremony/vows

Finalize our ceremony time with the venue

Order invitations

Meet with florist

Schedule an E-pics session (may never happen, at this rate)

Most of my DIYs

Yep. Definitely slacking.

Post # 8
533 posts
Busy bee

@iheartnerds: oh yeah, i’m missing more than half of those things too!

E-session

tuxes

florist 

invites

vows

wedd. band/ ceremony music

& much more!

oh man… :/

Post # 9
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

ooo, we are date twins- I feel the same!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ planned all the “big stuff”…I think, but now I am in a rut- and 6 months, o, goodness, fear stikes into my heart how it was only 12 months the other day,!!!

Post # 10
533 posts
Busy bee

@WillowH:i know!! time flew us by!!! 

wait are you 11/11/11 or 11/05/11?? anywhoo!! yay us november brides!!

Post # 11
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Haha, with two months left, I’m definitely feeling the heat and seeing those 2012 dates is quite a shock!!  I’ve had so long to plan mine, but of course, I’m a super procrastinator, and lately I’m so addicted to the WB…when i really should be finishing plans for my wedding! lol

Post # 12
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I feel so bad for the fiances and families of brides who plan their weddings for over a year or longer!   I’ve been planning mine for nine months and I KNOW my fiance and my mother are soooo sick of hearing about it.   : )

I too am soo sick of the planning and wanting it to be over….I can not imagine planning for over a year or longer, that’s insane!

Post # 13
3011 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

There are a lot of us. I’m not planning anything though. I have my venue and that’s that. Most places are booking up fast for 2012 ๐Ÿ™‚ I never talk wedding with anyone. It’ll happen when I have a year or so out in October. I just get ideas from here, jot em down, and bullshit away.

You guys are definitely not slackers though. I think the reason most are doing a lot now while they can because of the economy. Definitely not getting better.

Post # 14
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m a 2012 bride and have:

Reception venue booked

Ceremony venue booked

My dress

My shoes

Fi has his outfit ( uniform)

His guys have theirs too.

My BMs have started getting their dresses

Some decor elements but a definite ‘look’

Invitations are started( diy)

Grandma stiching on lace to my veil

Flowergirl dresses picked

Table names done lol

Photographer booked

Save-The-Date Cards ready to be sent

Did an e shoot already

…lol

Post # 15
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@MrsNeutrino:  Oh wow, you are practically done!  What are you goin to do for the next 13 months??   lol  

I always wonder with brides who have everything planned so early, what if you change your mind about something???   I have changed my mind sooo many times…including changing my dress 30 days from my wedding date!  hahaha    I have made more returns to stores in the last 9 months than I have in all my years put together!!

Have you always known what you wanted for your wedding?  Colors, theme, etc??

Post # 16
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We will have been engaged for about 2 years when the wedding finally comes around and I changed my mind a lot at first about the things I wanted. Now, I am pretty set on colors and scheme and such and have been pretty happy with it for a while now lol.

I am just so happy to say that we are less than a year away now! Plus we are having a destination wedding so its just a matter of picking stuff out like food and flowers… which we haven’t done yet. Probably with get around to that in November when we get a better idea of who’s gonna make it ๐Ÿ˜€

Dont worry though, yall still have some time! Just dont wait till the last minute and stress yourself out

The topic ‘Do 2012 dates shock anyone?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors