- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
I know this may be long, but I REALLY apprciate all input, because I could really use it…
So here is the older/ first part of my issue: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/enzoni-dress-cannot-be-altered-what-to-do
Now here is the rest of the story:
Fiance and have been back and forth with this wedding. We’ve had to chose new venues left and right and are finally set on where we are now. Things also got so stressful that we were going to elope. We paid for a 2 week cruise around the Mediterranean starting in Venice, ending in Barcelona. Well longer story short, we are out that money for the cruise because we can no longer afford the airfare. (We are supposed to fly out this Sunday :o(
Anyway, we canceled the plans to elope (due to familial pressure and our own true desires to have them there and went back to our original plan to have our wedding in the fall. We made this decision 2 weeks ago and are rushing to put is this thing together. We are supposed to be securing our venue next week and I was SUPPOSED to go to New York at the end of this month to meet with the seller of a dress that I love. It was her sister’s who purchased a size 14 (which I need) and had it altered to a size 10-12. I NEED a true 14-16, but I am losing weight. Now the seller has told me that there is only about an inch or so to let the dress back out a little. That is not even enough to allow me to fit in to it.
I have called about 30 stores in my area and only one has the dress in there store and its in a size 10. I went to see it today and couldn’t get it past my hips. Here’s the kicker, today was the first day I have seen said dress in person. I saw it on another Bee and my jaw dropped open. It is everything I have been looking for in my dress and based on her picture with her in the dress, I know how it will fit on me. I KNOW everyone’s body size is different, but I’ve tried on similar silhouettes and I know I like it. I haven ‘t had the ” Ah Ha” moment with ANY dress and I really wanted it, but I’m in such a time crunch I don’t have time to keep looking.
Now the same salon that has the dress said that if I put down 75% within this week they can rush order it in my correct size and it will be here beginning of September. My wedding is October 5th. The issue is I don’t have 75%. I was going to purchase the dress from the seller online at the end of the month when I had some more money.
So what to do? Try to scrape up the money to order this dress and the rush fee, even though I have never been able to try on the dress to determined that it will work for my body or do I look for a new dress all together at a sample sale and go that route?
Here is the dress on the other Bee that I LOVE!!!