(Closed) Do I have to use formal titles on place cards???

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I would still use the formal titles on place cards as well. People work hard for their titles 🙂


Post # 4
1425 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I would use them. I’d address the place cards with how the invitations were addressed, unless the guest has told you otherwise.

Post # 5
1736 posts
Bumble bee

@totheislnds:  Agreed. I wouldn’t interchange Mr./Mrs. and Doctor. I would definitely use them where appropriate!

Post # 6
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’ve known some people with PhDs who are offended if “doctor” is left out. I agree that they work hard for many years to get that doctor title. You can’t go wrong by including the proper titles, but you definitely can offend if you leave them out. I think the safest bet is to include them. 

Post # 7
828 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

It wouldn’t be correct to write Mr. instead of Dr.; however, many place cards have no titles and just say “James Smith.”

The topic ‘Do I have to use formal titles on place cards???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors