- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2010
I’ve posted a few times about my husband and I (I’m as US citizen, he is from the UK). We just moved back to the UK in September of this year.
I applied for a job within walking distance (transportation is an issue at the moment) on October 15th. I was contacted and interviewed on October 24th. This position is dealing with kids and adults with mental difficulties and I was told that a DBS check needed to take place and that my references would be checked. I contacted 3 of my references which were 2 recent ones from the states and one person that provided me a recomendation letter in 2009 after an internship in the UK on October 24th, after the interview. I only heard back from the US references – the email I sent to them was just a heads up that they would receive an email from the company and to please keep a check on their spam folder as my initial email from the company went to spam.
On October 28th, I received a call that I had been successful in my interview and subject to the DBS check and my references coming through, I would be offered the job. I was told that this process can take up to 8 weeks due to the DBS check and my international status.
On November 5th I received a successful DBS check in the post from the issuing authority. I wasn’t sure if the company recieved one as well or if I needed to turn the document in. I called them on November 6th and they stated that they had received the form electronically. They stated they were still waiting on references and would get back to me. I immediately contacted my U.S. refs who both stated that they responded to the form. I’m not sure if the UK ref did but the job offer letter I received from the company said that they only needed 2 refs.
The last contact I had with the company was Nov 6. The man said they would specifically call me back. I’m not sure where to go from here. I don’t want to bother them. I would really like the position. Its in my field and something I really want to do. Can I contact them again? I always end up talking to the same HR admin and I dont want to be pushy, but I’m worried that something is wrong… I also want to know if the job offer has been cancelled.
Should I contact or just wait?