(Closed) Do I really need this for $400 ? Anyone have ideas for alternatives?

posted 7 years ago in Decor
  • poll: SHOULD I RENT THE POLE DRAPES FOR $400?
    Yes! It's so much nicer with the drapes. : (9 votes)
    10 %
    Nah, who cares, NO ONE will notice without them : (51 votes)
    56 %
    Just get SOME in prime photo places and entrances : (13 votes)
    14 %
    Wrap a garland of fresh flowers around each one : (6 votes)
    7 %
    Wrap lights around each one : (11 votes)
    12 %
    Other Suggestion - see below : (1 votes)
    1 %
  • Post # 3
    3148 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

@futuremrskelsey: Oh dear!! I voted that no one will notice without them, but i also want to say that if you are really worried about it I would wrap some lights around the poles!! πŸ™‚

Post # 4
    6394 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I actually like the look of the venue without them! I mean, good Lord, you’ll be in Hawaii! That definitely calls for letting in as much of the outdoors view as possible! πŸ™‚

Post # 5
    6351 posts
    Bee Keeper

I would not worry about them at all. I think the venue looks great withouit them.

Post # 6
    685 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2009

TOTALLY second Jo.lee!!! Its Hawaii! Take in as much veiw as possible and please post pics on here when your back! I would LOVE to see them!

Post # 7
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: April 2011

@futuremrskelsey:

Considering your venue, I think it will look cleaner and classier without the drapes.  

Post # 8
    29 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I really like the drapes. They give a great finishing touch. But since you ARE going to be in Hawaii, there won’t be anything ghetto with ditching the drapes altogether to let in the beautiful sunshine πŸ™‚

Post # 9
    6256 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2014

This doesn’t look like it’d be a very hard thing to DIY, in my opinion. It looks like just sheer fabric, which can be had for a couple bucks a yard.  Have you thought about that route? You could also save money by going with premade sheer curtains, but not sure whether they’d be long enough.

Post # 10
    9056 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

I vote the same that they look like they would almost obstruct the view somewhat.

You don’t go to Hawaii to look at the inside of a tent!

Post # 11
    46336 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I agree with previous posters that the drapes aren’t absolutely necessary. But, if you want them, they would be easy to do yourself. Find sheer curtain panels on sale, attach stick on velcro on the top edge.

When you get to your venue attach the other half of the stick on velcro where you want the drapes to hang.

Press the two pieces of velcro together.

Presto, changeo- you’re done.

Post # 12
    510 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I think it looks way better without them.

Post # 13
    337 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I actually like the look without the drapes!! πŸ™‚ Your guest will get to look around more too, it will be a lot more light πŸ™‚

Post # 14
    1645 posts
    Bumble bee

Agreed—I don’t even like the drapes. They get in the way. It’s Hawaii! Look outside!

Post # 15
    3148 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@jo.lee: Agreed, your views will be beautiful in itself.

Post # 16
    1645 posts
    Bumble bee

Agreed—I don’t even like the drapes. They get in the way. It’s Hawaii! Look outside!

The topic ‘Do I really need this for $400 ? Anyone have ideas for alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors