Post # 1
I was recently married this summer in Chicago and had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a terrible band leader. I am extremely particular when it comes to music, and had hand picked each of the 150 songs to be played. I spent hours and hours working on the playlist and speaking with Glen. Things did not go according to plan…
1) Glen Traeger (the band leader) was a no show. His excuse was he was sick. I certainly would have expected someone to reach out to me or my family to let us know he wasn’t coming. Instead, we were informed by the “substitute MC” upon arriving at the wedding reception.
2) Introductions were a mess. The wedding party was introduced out of order, with delays, and with much confusion.
3) The band was contracted to play jazz standards during dinner with a vocalist. Instead, the DJ played Frank Sinatra. Glen told me they were taking a break- a half hour into the evening? During dinner? When a vocalist was hired for an hour to sing? Unacceptable.
4) Songs were played from my “do not play” list.
5) When I spoke with Glen on Sunday, he was unprofessional and insincere. He spoke over me and claimed he knew what had happened, when in fact, he wasn’t even there. Our discussion went in circles and he attempted to twist my words. He was rude, condescending and had no interest in patching things up.
I would another bride to have to deal with with this character on their wedding day and would never recommend their services.
Thanks for reading.
Post # 3
I’m so sorry about this and thank you for saying something. I’ll be doing the same with my venue after the wedding.
Post # 4
- Wedding: September 2009 - The 19th Century Club
That’s awful that your vendor didn’t appropriately inform you and didn’t send an appropriate replacement. This is definitely a situation, too, where having a coordinator is a big help, as they have your do-not play list, must play list, order of events and how everyone should be announced, etc so if a vendor does flake they can help remedy the problem on the spot!
Post # 5
I used this band and had an unbelievable experience!! Glen was very professional, musicans and the band were incredible. All my guests were raving about them! Two of my friends booked them after hearing them at my wedding. They played all the songs we requested. They made my wedding a night to remember. I had nothing but a pleasurable experience with Glen Traeger and his Orchestra.
Post # 6
Dear Wedding Bee,
I’m writing this post to let all future Bride’s & Groom’s know what a wonderful experience we had hiring Glen Traeger and his Orchestra for our wedding. I don’t usually post on websites – BUT I felt in this case I should!! Glen Traeger and his orchestra MADE OUR EVENT AMAZING!! Mr. Traeger made sure that our party was seamless and never skipped a beat. My guests never wanted the party to end!!! I interviewed five of the biggest bands in the Chicagoland area and believe me GTO was the best. The GTO sound was like listening to original artists at our event! Unlike the other bands I interviewed. Glen was a pure professional and he actually cared about our event. We were not just another wedding to him. If you want your wedding to feel like a Hollywood dream wedding then hire Glen Traeger and His Orchestra
Michael & Jill Spatz
Post # 7
I’m glad to hear both of your experiences were good…
you joined WB after you got married?! Interesting.
To the OP– I’m so sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience.
Post # 9
Thats horrible tath you had to experience that! and thanks for this post i was going to contact this man for our big day!
Post # 10
@bridesmomma: Yep, yep – my point exactly.