(Closed) Do we feed our DJ & MC?

posted 8 years ago in Food
  • poll: Do we feed them?
    Yes- feed them they are providing entertainment. : (47 votes)
    94 %
    No- they should bring their own food. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    Other- Please post below. : (2 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    2858 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

Yes, you should feed them. Some people will provide extra catered meals, some people get a sandwich tray or something. But yeah, you should feed them something.

Post # 4
    3526 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

We fed ours.

Most include a meal in their contract. And what you feed them depends on you. Most venues have vendor meals you can add for less $.

Post # 5
    7173 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

Yes – feed them.  Ask your caterer what they do for food.  They will likely have a game plan.  Also keep in mind that they will be there for additional time (setup and tear down)

Post # 7
    5398 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

Yes, you should feed all fo your vendors.  They’ll be around for dinner time, so I’m sure they’d appreciate getting to eat.  Let your caterer know they are vendor meals, though, and they usually have a cheaper meal option for you if budget is a concern.

Post # 8
    Bee
    916 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2010 - Al Cielo / La Laguna

I would say feed them. We have seats for our photogs and videographer at the reception. Don’t want any vendors passing out on us. =)

Post # 9
    4546 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

We offered and paid for our DJ and photographer to have food but they both said they didn’t eat anything while they were working. Still, I think it’s nice to offer.

Post # 10
    965 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I think it’s up to you. But make sure they know ahead of time what you decide.

Post # 11
    4137 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

it’s rude not to feed your vendors. most caterers will provide cheaper, simpler vendor meals — just ask!

Post # 12
    232 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

Yes, you should feed them. We are feeding our DJ and photographer, but its actually a vendor meal they are getting. Talk with your caterer because vendor meals are cheaper than a regular guest meal.

Post # 13
    414 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

Yes – i think it’s in most people’s contract

We even have to feed our makeup stylist, it’s in her contract

We were given 2 options: vendor meal (boxed food: soda, sandwish, cookie) $30 or a plated meal $40 (the entrees guests get, except no salad or wedding cake)

Post # 14
    1014 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

Yes, feed them!  You want happy & energetic vendors, not grumpy & hungry ones.  🙂  Our venue offered us the option of the same meal as our guests for 1/2 price.  We will definitely be feeding our band, and photographer.

The topic ‘Do we feed our DJ & MC?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors