(Closed) Do you & your SO workout together?

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Darling Husband and I workout together all the time. It’s a fun thing to do together and brings us closer. We vary where we workout; be it at home, at the gym or outside… For the gym, we got a great deal on one that is a community center – 40$/month to have access to all gym equipment, aerobics classes, spinning classes, pool, aquafitness classes, raquetball, skating, … and I forget some. We only do it about 3 months/year, as we exercise outside for 6 months and at home for what’s left. We find we’re more consistent with workouts when we mix it up.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! And it’s really fun to workout with your SO

Post # 4
4824 posts
Honey bee

We used to more, but really any more except for a dog walk, bike ride or tennis on the weekends. He goes to the gym before work at his work, and I go to a gym near home.

We do try to be active together though.

Its the little things that add up so even if you cant get a workout in, plan a hike, a bike ride, a walk, a date at a rock climbing wall, take a salsa dance lesson or go line dancing. 

Post # 5
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

My SO and I have decided that we can’t work out together because we tend to give up too easily when the other person is around.

I have been doing a boot camp for almost 2 months. I also take dance classes (tap/ballet/modern) every Monday for about 3 months)

And my SO is working at the same gym (different days) and we both love it. Our wedding is 4 months away!

I would rather work out at a gym because I need to have a scheduled time to go to something. Since I paid for it, I have to go. It is also a lot easier to work out in a gym when all the equipment is there for you and you don’t have to worry about buying something you won’t use after the wedding 🙂

Good luck with all your working out. I hope it helps. And By The Way, 23 is NOT old!

Post # 6
Hostess
11167 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

My Fiance is the opposite of me when it comes to excercise, I’m addicted and he hates it.

As for the lower tummy try fat burning exercises including running with sprinting/jogging/brisk walking mixed together. Keeping your heart rate guessing will flatten your tummy and tighten those muscles…I do it every morning and can definitely feel/see the difference when I skip a day or two.

I am very anti-gym membership and prefer to run outside (treadmill if bad weather) and play volleyball (about 20-25 hours a week).

Good luck and yes you CAN do it!!!

Post # 7
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@JessisGirl: see, for us it’s the opposite. I train much harder when Darling Husband is there with me, it motivates me.

Post # 8
2183 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011 - Florida Aquarium

I got on a kick while ago and had Fiance Shred with me. That lasted two weeks… until I wanted to do it and he didn’t. So I didn’t Shred that night, and he vowed not to work out with me. I was bummed by this because we had treadmilled together before, and it was fun, and I really wanted him to jog with me… but, now that I do it alone, I kind of like it. I get no alone time (ever, and I’m okay with that), and this gives me a half hour or 45 minutes to just focus on me. It’s nice.

Post # 9
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

my boyfriend distracts me…plus I use that time to clear my head.

I started Zumba on most day because I know he wouldn’t be shaking is butt into that class lol

Post # 10
2559 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Yep – I’m waiting for Darling Husband to get here after work right now!

We just run together and play outdoor sports though… no gym costs for us. Right now we’re training for a half marathon so we’re running 4 days a week, playing vball with my coworkers once a week, and trying to get in some biking or other crosstraining. I love the time we spend jogging around catching up on each others’ days … while we were in the gym, we worked out separately and I wasn’t as much a fan (plus it was expensive!).

Post # 11
2822 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

My fiance and I go to the gym together Monday through Friday after work. About once per week we actually work out together where I will lift weights with him and we will do cardio together. I love taking classes like zumba, spin and body works, which he is not into. So we are always at the gym together, but we don’t always work out together. Our membership is $50 per month and its definitely worth it. I would never work out at home and I find the gym to be a huge motivation. Taking classes is awesome, because you can meet people with the same goals and have fun while working out. =]

Post # 12
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

We used to, but we both got lazy.  We plan on starting up again.  We usually work out 45-60 minutes each time we go.  We would try to go at least 4-5 days a week.

Post # 13
1866 posts
Buzzing bee

@FutureMrsW2012: Good for you for starting to think about a workout plan!  To answer your questions:

I’ve been working out almost my whole life b/c I started taking dance classes at age 5 which I kept up all throughout my early 20’s, and I ran track in high school.  I work out on my own now about 4 times a week.  My apartment complex has an amazing fitness center so that’s where my SO and I work out.  We generally work out together in the mornings, or I’ll go by myself if he doesn’t want to.  I live in Chicago and the closest gym near me is about 150 a month.  I used to work out in gyms and I do miss haivng fitness classes to attend, but otherwise I’m perfectly satisfied using the fitness center in my apartment.

The topic ‘Do you & your SO workout together?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors