(Closed) Do you 100% absolutely HAVE to have a bustle?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
839 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

My sister didn’t bustle her dress for her wedding and by the end of the night it was DISGUSTING! I was only 10 when she got married, and even I noticed how gross it was. People had spilled a little wine here, a little beer there (on the dance floor) and by an hour into the reception, the bottom of her dress was BLACK from dirt and spilled drinks! Just something to think about.

Post # 4
11752 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

you really should with that dress because people will be stepping on it all night if you’re planning to do much dancing! It doesn’t look long enough to do the wrist tie.

Even with a bustle, my friend’s husband stepped on her dress during their first dance and ripped it!!

Post # 5
3170 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I really didn’t want a bustle because I think they are super ugly. I got one because everyone told me that I had to and in the end, i’m so glad I did. I would never have been able to dance with a train.

Post # 6
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I didnt, but my dress was totally TRASHED afterwards lol. It didnt help that our wedding was outside and it rained the night before though. 🙂

Post # 7
4771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

you will probably fall or someone else will at some point if you don’t, And it’ll be really easy to rip the dress.  Someone will be standing on it, you’ll move, RIP dress

Post # 9
1765 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I didn’t bustle mine.. I had a bustle put in just in case, but I ended up not using it. I was really surprised that my dress didn’t get very dirty on the bottom. And I was walking around in the woods & dirt to take pictures! But if you are planning on doing a lot of dancing (I didn’t do too much) then it really should be bustled. People will be stepping on it like crazy on the dance floor. 

Post # 10
3572 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

It looks too short for a wrist tie.  I would do a french bustle on that.

Post # 11
3766 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

My dress got stepped on three times in about ten mins. before I could locate my mom to bustle it. It drove me NUTS. I’m more thankful I got it bustled for that reason, not just because it would get dirty.

Post # 12
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Personal opinion: bustle! I feel like it will just get in the way of everything and that the wrist tie would get annoying after an hour or so. If you bustle it, you don’t have to worry about the train for the rest of the night.

Also, I think your dress could bustle nicely because it has the ruching in the train which will help it blend in with your dress. 

Post # 14
899 posts
Busy bee

Your dress looks like it would camouflage a bustle very well. I would get a bustle if I were you.

Post # 15
2553 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

No, its your wedding so you dont have to do anything even if people say you do. Should you? Probably so. But if you dont want one that bad and you are going to alter it to a shorter dress after, then dont get a bustle.

Post # 16
3766 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@Atalanta:  My dad slipped and barely kept his balance while stepping on my veil/train

The topic ‘Do you 100% absolutely HAVE to have a bustle?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors