(Closed) do you bees know what kind of string/thread this is?

posted 9 years ago in DIY
Post # 3
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

My mom always called it embroidery floss.  It is used for cross stiching, etc and you can find it in a menagerie of colors at just about any craft store.

Post # 4
4485 posts
Honey bee

Appears to be the same. They’re both embroidery thread.

Post # 5
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think that the bike picture probably uses yarn.  The DMC stuff is the thread used for cross stitch and other needle work.

Post # 6
7052 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

That does look like yarn.

Post # 7
4566 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

The first picure looks like embroidery thread… the second one looks like a thin yarn…

Post # 8
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Yep, embroidery thread and a really fine yarn.

Both should be available at most any fabric or craft store (Joann’s, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, even WalMart’s craft section) near you. 🙂

The topic ‘do you bees know what kind of string/thread this is?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors