(Closed) Do you believe in 12/21/12 being the end of the world?

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Do you think Dec 21st will be the end?
    Yes : (3 votes)
    1 %
    No : (196 votes)
    88 %
    I think it's possible : (9 votes)
    4 %
    I don't believe, nor disbelieve : (15 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 3
    6512 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

Nope.  After all the “end of the worlds” I’ve already survived, I can’t muster up any worry about this one. 

Post # 4
    3697 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I mean, the world could end on any day.  But do I think it’ll be that day because no one has looked hard enough for more Mayan calendars?  No.

I mean – why bother making them 100’s of years in advance?  Poor guy probably just died of boredom chiseling that crap before he started on 2012. 

Post # 5
    11394 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

If you are going by the Mayan calender it would have happened 13 months ago because they didn’t acount for leap years.

Post # 6
    11394 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

Not EXACTLY sure if its 13 months (I heard 13 months recently) but either way, it would have already happened because, again they did not count in leap years.

Post # 7
    199 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

No way. There are so many “end of the world” things that never happened. I’m kinda lookin forward to the crazies coming out though and going balistic trying to convince everyone the world is over. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
    368 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

@Sweet.Sugar.Rose:  I’ve heard this too. Also they can’t be that good at predicting the future since their civilisation collapsed and disappeared.

I’d be really annoyed if it did end because it’s so close to Christmas. I seriously did all that shopping for NOTHING?!

Post # 9
    643 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

I don’t believe it has any more chance of being the day the world will end than any other day. So I put “no”. So I guess that’s technically an agnostic sentiment, but generally considered, no, I don’t think it’s going to happen then.

Post # 11
    682 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

It better not, I didn’t plan this wedding for nothing! ๐Ÿ™‚   

I do get nervous about all the world disasters that have been happening, but I don’t think that day will be the day or that it will happen in my lifetime (I hope not!)  That day is my ex-bf’s birthday though, so I guess it would be a proper day for it! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

All that being said, I’ll still be happy when it’s 12/22!

Post # 12
    1304 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Post # 14
    1839 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

lol seriously? no. why? because i have no valid reason to believe that

Post # 15
    1599 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I don’t believe the world is going to end as in everyone is going to die/the sun is going to explode/gravity will disappear/etc, etc.

But I have a lot of metaphysical beliefs and our circle believes that “the end” that everyone keeps referring to means a shift in consciousness. It can be astrologically, spirtitually, those sort of things.

Basically we are saying that the human race is going to become more aware of metaphysical aspects of life, have more compassion for one another, be more nurturing, and more spiritually aware in general.

This may also be the time when we as humans go back to our “roots” like respecting nature and the earth, those sorts of things.

But no, I don’t think we are going to need to huddle in bunkers and fight zombies. lol 

Post # 16
    50 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

The world can’t end at the end off 2012…..I’m getting MARRIED in 2014!!! Super excited and that’s my rationale. XOXO

The topic ‘Do you believe in 12/21/12 being the end of the world?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors