(Closed) Do you consider wedding websites tacky?

posted 10 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Wedding websites - tacky or helpful?
    Tacky and unnecessary : (23 votes)
    10 %
    Helpful and great way to provide guests with all relevant wedding info : (211 votes)
    90 %
  • Post # 75
    574 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I’m pro website because I need one so much.

Our invitations are very basic so it’s nice to have the site to put all the other info on.

Post # 76
    707 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2016

I don’t think it’s tacky, but I’m not sure how many guests would really look at it. I think it’s more environmentally friendly and cheaper (saving all that paper in the invitations). You can make it look really nice with simple templates, too. I don’t have a wedding website, but I do have a blog, which I’ve been considering making into a wedding blog/guest info site. Anyways, I think you should go for it!

Post # 77
    83 posts
    Worker bee

I actually love reading the couple’s “how we met” and proposal stories on their wedding websites. I love how unique it is and the emotions that come with it. That’s why I’m on Weddingbee Laughing

Post # 78
    2294 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

@ImHungry247:  Amen to that!  I knew most people already knew about one or the other of us, but I figured that some might like to have a bit more information about us and how we met/ got engaged, and a bit about the immigration process.  Since everything is on it’s own tab, if people *don’t* want to read about it, then they can ignore that tab.  lol

Post # 79
    398 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I love the idea of a wedding website. I think it’s helpful to post details and need to know info regarding your wedding. That was one of things I looked forward to doing right after we got engaged….making a website. I always like looking at friends websites too. I like reading about how they met, where they are getting married, etc..

Post # 80
    15 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I have to admit, being in my mid 40’s, I never thought I would do a wedding website, but we are having a beach wedding and everyone is traveling to us! I searched many of the free websites, and ended up at mywedding.com – mostly because that is where I found the template that matched my wedding beach theme and colors. And easy….you can “turn off” any page you don’t want to use, I loved the ease of setting up.

We didn’t do any of the pages describing “how you met”, “how he proposed”, “our lives” etc…. I assumed if they didn’t know that info already, they probably weren’t invited. Our web site is dedicated soley to travel and accomidations………..very, very helpful. We were able to list the web site on our save the dates and it has been very easy for our guest’s to get to and find the info they want.

Post # 81
    1163 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

They’re not (inherently) tacky at all! They’re useful! But hoooooboy, there are some tacky ones out there.

Post # 83
    13 posts
    Newbee

Hi everyone.<br />Really enjoying reading the comments and I am now thinking about getting a website for my wedding.<br />Just wondering whether to do it myself (which will probably look awful) or pay a web designer to do it.<br />Would you get it made professionally? And if so, how much would you pay for it?

Post # 84
    8602 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
    cje.churchill:  I’d start a new thread about websites or find a current one. This one is 3 years old!

Post # 85
    13 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    MrsBuesleBee:  Oh I see. I have never used a forum before. I’ll start a new thread. Thanks 🙂

The topic ‘Do you consider wedding websites tacky?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors