(Closed) Do you cook dinner for DH every night?

posted 10 years ago in Married Life
  • poll:
    Yes : (64 votes)
    30 %
    No : (39 votes)
    18 %
    Sometimes : (75 votes)
    35 %
    He's the Chef in the house! : (36 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 46
    453 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

i’m making some filet tips, white rice and black beans. By The Way, this is very typical in my house as DH has to have his home cooked meals and so do I.

Ahh…. another night in paradise. ๐Ÿ™‚ i love feeling like a housewife!

Post # 47
    1664 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I cook maybe once every 6 months or so.  In the last month though, I have tried 2 or 3 different things.  FH is a decent cook, but he likes everything no salt, no fat.  I’d say he cooks anywhere from 0-4 times a week, probably 2-3 on average.  We eat a lot of takeout ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 48
    1664 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

@nontraditional- I understood that you were being funny.  Sometimes it doesn’t translate very well on the boards though b/c you don’t know the person’s tone.

Post # 50
    274 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I thought nontraditionalmiami was being sarcastic too.  I don’t think calling something cheesy is offensive!!  Sorry!!

AND I am making spaghetti tonight.  I got a “talkin to” at the beginning of this semester since last semester i always had dinner waiting after he got done with school This semester dinner has been hit and miss…

I told him i am planning a wedding so he better get good at making himself a sandwich when he gets home!!!

Post # 51
    2788 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

@Jerseygirl23: Haha!! It was really a nice surprise. I’m not sure what is for dinner tonight.  We are going grocery shopping after work so it depends on what we get. Maybe we’ll just have some leftovers from the other night.

Post # 52
    891 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

Coolthanks for the support CBs!  (Cool Bees)

Post # 53
    311 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I cook most nights (if we’re not doing leftovers or “fending for ourselves” when I work/get home late), but he’ll usually cook once a month or so. I’ve started to love cooking so I like to experiment in the kitchen and come up with new recipes; if it were up to Fiance, he would make pasta every. single. night. Not exactly a balanced diet ๐Ÿ˜‰ Plus, he cleans most of the apartment, so we agreed the kitchen is mostly my domain, to cook and clean. Works for us!

Post # 54
    5282 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2009

I do majority of the cooking, but I hear ya about having him cook, and rather just do it yourself. What is good is that we have a rule that whoever cooks, the other cleans.

When he cooks he makes a HUGE mess, and overall I do enjoy cooking, so I’d rather do it and have him clean instead ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 56
    891 posts
    Busy bee

well it sounded more like a threat to me and i just reacted.  i’m over it.  my comments are harmless i promise:)

Post # 57
    5571 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I cook almost every night. If I don’t actually cook something I prepare what we eat (leftovers, sandwiches, heated up soup, etc.). That’s just the way that works for us and I love it. Once in a while I’ll ask Fiance to make dinner and he has no problem doing that. I just tend to cook healthier than he does so I prefer that I’m the one cooking. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tonight we are having baked salmon patties with steamed veggies and rice! It’s an easy night because we have to go grocery shopping!

Post # 58
    891 posts
    Busy bee

omg salmon & broccoli = YUM. i made that the other night. i could eat a whole plate of steamed broccoli for dinner.  i know that’s weird to a lot of folks but i love my veggies.

Post # 59
    7774 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

Not at the moment, no. That will probably change though. We already agreed that after we move overseas, my job will be the house and the cooking until (if ever) I find a job. It can be really difficult to get a job overseas for a military spouse.

Post # 60
    2392 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @nontraditionalmiami:  Broccoli is tasty!  Though have you tried roasting it?  Toss with garlic, salt, pepper, a little olive oil and maybe some balsamic vinegar and bake at 350-400 until crispy.  Man, I just ATE broccoli for lunch and now I want more.

I cook most nights because he is a grad student and really busy with schoolwork – he’s a great cook when he has the time though.  But honestly I am getting tired of it.  I have one night every week, weather permitting, that I play ultimate frisbee and he’s on his own and I’m starting to really enjoy not having to plan my night around cooking for him.  I don’t want us to be eating solely out of the trader joe’s freezer section, but I’m really tired of cooking every night and making sure it’s always something he likes.

The topic ‘Do you cook dinner for DH every night?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors