(Closed) Do you do his laundry?

posted 7 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: Who does the laundry?
    I do my laundry, and he does his : (76 votes)
    19 %
    I do both of our laundry, and I have a full time job : (158 votes)
    39 %
    I do both of our laundry, and work p.t. or SAHM : (54 votes)
    13 %
    He does both of our laundry : (53 votes)
    13 %
    Other - refer to comment below : (69 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 77
    356 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

We both do the laundry just like we both cook, clean, etc. He’s home more often than me so he probably does the chores a little more than I do.

Post # 78
    9129 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

I’m a lucky woman.  He washes and dries then we both fold and put the laundry away together.

Post # 79
    3768 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Sometimes I do both, sometimes he does both.  It’s not an assigned job for us, and we don’t split up our clothes either.  We both have full time jobs, so it’s usually done on the weekend.

Post # 80
    1470 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I do both of our laundry, and I work at home (and have a 9 month-old). DH will switch a load or put one in if I ask, but generally I do it throughout the day. He will help me fold or fold a load if I ask, no problem. It’s one of his “hated” chores, though, so while he’s a huge help with dishes without prompting, I usually have to ask for laundry help. 

Post # 81
    2073 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I do all the laundry, folding, putting clothes, sheets, towels away, etc in our house. He hates laundry and I find it oddly calming so it works for us. The only laundry related task he deals with is dropping off/picking up dry cleaning (both his and mine). I also do all the grocery shopping. We have a housekeeper who comes every 3weeks to deep clean and I tidy up once a day or so. He pays the bills (except the electric and housekeeper) so it ends up being a pretty fair trade off. 

Post # 82
    930 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I do mine, he does his.  But if I have extra space I’ll throw some of his into mine and visa versa.  

Post # 83
    3683 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I actually kind of like doing the laundry.  DH stresses over it because he over-sorts the clothes and makes the job harder than it needs to be.  But he’s happy to do the dishes!

Post # 84
    681 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

We both work full time and I do the majority of the laundry and I’m the only one who puts it away but he washes a good amount himself.

Post # 85
    Hostess
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I clicked “other.”

Our laundry goes together and then is separated by color/lights/darks etc. We both do it, depending on what’s going on on a given day. 

Cooking. We love to cook together, but sometimes he is too tired or busy so I cook. Sometimes I’m an exhausted mess and he does it. 

After all, I’m his wife not his maid. 

OP, if my husband refused to do laundry and then had ANY complaint about it whatsoever, I would absolutely stop doing it altogether! Good for you, girlfriend!

ETA: We both work over full time. 

Post # 86
    1654 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

Fiance does my laundry and his own.

Post # 87
    3667 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

Generally, we each do our own laundry. Sometimes, if we both have a small load in the same shade, we’ll combine them and whoever happens to be doing laundry at the time will do that load. I always end up washing the communal items (sheets and towels).

Post # 88
    2113 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

@Jamieg:  We split it. My stuff goes in with his, etc.

Post # 89
    1953 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Whoever has a day off does the washing. We do each other’s, and always have. If I was working today, he’d wash, dry and more than likely put away. If he was working today, I’d wash dry and put away. Neither of us have an issue with doing the others’ washing.

Post # 90
    8482 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2014

I do his occasionally. He doesnt really like me doing his though. More often than not we take each others clothes out and put them away and put our own clothes in. 

Post # 91
    1227 posts
    Bumble bee

We both do laundry. When it needs to be done, whoever is home throws it in.  That’s pretty much the same with all of our chores. Whomever sees something that needs doing, they just do it.  

The topic ‘Do you do his laundry?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors