(Closed) Do you feel strange having a baby on 2013?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

i’m so thankful to {finally} be blessed with a baby that i could care less what year it is born. i actually love the number 13, and it’s been nothing but lucky for me. 

Post # 4
5671 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I wouldn’t feel strange about it at all. I think after TTC people are just blessed to be having a baby and don’t really want to wait a whole yr just to ensure that their baby isn’t born in a certain yr. Maybe I might giggle at a Friday the 13th in the yr 2013. 

Post # 6
764 posts
Busy bee

What does the number 13 have to do with anything?

Post # 8
2426 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

You would seriously put off TTC for an entire YEAR because you are afraid it will be unlucky? I can’t wrap my head around that, sorry.

To answer your question, no, I am not superstitious at all, and would never base the timing of a life changing decision off of an old wive’s tale. I am not TTC, but I wouldn’t care if I had a baby on Friday the 13th in 2013. A baby is a gift, regardless of what year/day comes.

Post # 10
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m excited to have a baby in 2013!  I would have liked to have one in 2012, but that just didn’t work out.  2013 it is.  Finally!  Yay!

Post # 12
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’m due in mid-March. Baby and I are having subliminal conversations so its birthday will be 3-13-13 – I think that would be totally cool.

Post # 13
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I’m actually pretty pumped about my 2013 baby! He is due in early January which is nearing the end of the chinese zodiac year making him a dragon! Year of the Water Dragon at that which is supposed to be really lucky and a lot of people try for babies to be born in this year as they will be healthy, wealthy and wise!

“Dragons are auspicious symbols in Asian mythology and culture, so a dragon year, is always cause for celebration. But because of the unique combination of the zodiac symbols and five traditional colours, a lucky black dragon year comes only every 60 years.” – I think that is pretty neat! and lucky 🙂

Post # 14
871 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I think its a little silly to discount an entire YEAR bc you don’t like the number LOL. I’m thrilled to have a 2013 baby and feel blessed and lucky!

Post # 15
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m excited for my 2013 baby. I actually kind of hope that it is born on April fools day, I think that would be just great.

@iRun2004:  That would be a really cool birth date!

Post # 16
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

i like the number 13, but dates aren’t enough to keep me from trying for a baby either way! i’m due mid january

The topic ‘Do you feel strange having a baby on 2013?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors