(Closed) Do you have a TV in your bedroom?

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Do you have a tv on your bedroom?
    Yep : (164 votes)
    51 %
    Nope : (152 votes)
    47 %
    Mandatory Other in case you have 1/2 a tv or something : (8 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 17
    424 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

We have two TVs at home: one in our family room and one in my office.  We’re debating on whether or not to move my TV to the master bedroom or the guest room.  When we’re sick, we both just want to watch TV… but the other one doesn’t want a sick person laying around in the middle of the house spreading germs.

Darn cable boxes.  If it weren’t for them, we could just move the TV (it’s a 19 inch) when one of us is sick. 

Post # 18
    91 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

My Fiance and I are like kids, really. Once I moved into his apartment we decided to take everything out of the walk-in closet so we could put our bed in there. And yes, our flatscreen is in here too. It’s like an awesome adult fort.

Post # 19
    2115 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

We used to have one, and it was nice. instead of cuddling on the couch we could cuddle in bed. which means we can stay cuddling when i fall asleep and he wants to keep watching. Or like you said i fold clothes in there and wish the same things cuz now we dont have one. We had a huge tv in there and it was unnessesary. his parents bought a place and we let them use it. But when we did i used to do work out videos while he used the front room tv for what ever .

But i dont have cable or anything like that. i just love my hulu and netflix:):)

Post # 20
    10713 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

Oh yeah. I can’t sleep without it. 

Post # 21
    1464 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

@cooperlove:  No, because I feel it would disrupt the bedroom. I’m really into having my spaces be what their meant for. Our bedroom is for our private relationship and for sleeping. A TV would definitely get into the way of those things!

Post # 22
    4045 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

My Fiance likes to have a TV in the bedroom, but I don’t. Something about it just bothers me. I guess I just want the bedroom to be a bit more tranquil. Now, I wouldn’t mind a rare occassion when we watch something on my laptop in bed, but I don’t want a TV readily available all the time.

Post # 23
    1212 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

Yes, I fall asleep to TV 🙂 

Post # 24
    10450 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

We do, but we rarely use it. If I’m packing for a trip, or folding laundry or something it’s nice to have it on.

Post # 25
    904 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

We got a 47″ flatscreen from FI’s brother when he moved out of state, so we moved our 22″ flatscreen into the bedroom for Fiance to play video games without interrupting my Netflix time 🙂  He very rarely uses it.  As a matter of fact, he just moved his Xbox back into the living room because he “didn’t want to play his new game on a dinky TV.”  So much for that plan!

Post # 26
    626 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

No, but we don’t even have cable. We did for a while but never used it, it was just a waste of money.

Post # 27
    11266 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

yes, we have a 42″ in the bedroom.  we love to watch movies in bed.

Post # 29
    135 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Mandatory Other.  There’s a TV in there, but it’s itty bitty and has a built in VCR (so that’ll tell you how old it is).

It isn’t hooked up to anything.

I don’t really want a functional TV in the bedroom.  Bed is for reading, sleeping, and…uh…recreational activities.  Not watching the idiot box.

Post # 30
    2966 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Nope. Our bedroom is intended for other purposes. We like to have random serious/deep conversations before sleeping and i love that bonding experience. i feel like tv takes our attention away from each other, like an excuse not to communicate. 

Post # 31
    2022 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@cooperlove:  Yeah but we rarely use it.  Maybe once a month we will watch tv in there at night.

The topic ‘Do you have a TV in your bedroom?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors