(Closed) Do you know how much your engagement ring cost?

posted 13 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Do you know how much your engagement ring cost?
    Of course I do fool, I paid for it! Or at least, I helped pay for it... : (24 votes)
    9 %
    Yes I do - he bought it himself, but I saw the cost on the credit card statements/ATM receipts. : (65 votes)
    25 %
    Yah - he never told me how much it cost, but I had it appraised. : (23 votes)
    9 %
    Sorta. I have a general sense for how much jewelry costs, and was able to eyeball it. : (19 votes)
    7 %
    No. I could've easily found out, but I don't really care about things like this. : (11 votes)
    4 %
    No, he did it all on his own and never told me (or I didn't ask) : (26 votes)
    10 %
    What, six options aren't good enough for ya? Fine, here is a 'none of the above' option for you! : (29 votes)
    11 %
    Oops, forgot to add an option for "Yes, he told me how much it cost" : (60 votes)
    23 %
  • Post # 107
    3997 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I have a general idea because we’ve talked about how much he was comfortable spending and how much I was comfortable with him spending (:

Post # 108
    885 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Yes! We picked it out and bought it together. Heck, he read me his credit card numbers as I entered them into the computer for our online ring purchase. It’s a very romantic story! 😉

Post # 109
    168 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Sort of…we agreed to around 2k.  I think he spent about $2300 and paid for it all in cash.  I had it appraised and added to my insurance policy.  The appraisal came back at 11k.  I love him for being a bargain shopper!!

Post # 110
    1884 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I kind of know how much it was because he got one that I showed him online… lol  So I know how much it is listed for online.  But I also know he had a store credit, so I’m not sure how much was actually out of pocket.  But to me it doesn’t really matter how much it cost.  I actually don’t even care to see the specs on it.  I just know I have a beautiful ring that I love.

Post # 111
    4211 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Yes, about 5 minutes after saying yes DH said “do you want to know how much it cost?” I said no but he proceeded to tell me anyways!

Post # 112
    737 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

We discussed it 🙂

The topic ‘Do you know how much your engagement ring cost?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors