(Closed) Do you make your hubby’s lunch?

posted 10 years ago in Married Life
  • poll: Do you make your husband's lunch?

No, he makes his own.

No, he buys lunch.

No, he makes my lunch!

Yes, every day!

I do on occasion.

• Post # 32
    753 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Yup! I make him breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day! It can be annoying, but it saves us money because it keeps him from buying lunch, and he makes it up to me in other ways.

Post # 33
    1631 posts
    Bumble bee

No. If we bring lunches, it consists of us putting leftovers in ziplock containers. Besides, he leaves for work after I do. 

Post # 34
    951 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I make my hubby’s lunch about 3 nights a week. Usually when we have leftovers, and occasionally when he just wants a lunch, I’ll make it. Not every night, though!

Post # 35
    3282 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 1993

@MlleBrielle:  I’m a bad wife too ๐Ÿ˜›

He usually makes his own, unless I’m putting away leftovers and portion out his. He’s picky about what he likes, so it’s easier for him to do his own! It’s the same way with laundry, lol, so we don’t do that together either!

Post # 37
    1092 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I put his lunch together when I make mine in the morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 38
    586 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I usually try to make a batch of lunches over the weekend, and he is welcome to grab one and bring it with him.  Very occasionally, I’ll put something together for him in the morning or specially the night before, but mostly he either grabs a pre-made lunch or makes himself a sandwich ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 39
    6980 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

Yep, I do 4 days/week. He goes out to lunch with his team every Friday but I pack lunch for him M-Th as long as I don’t have an early meeting (which is rare). 

Post # 40
    1735 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Yep always, unless we run out o bread or something, then he has to go buy his own lunch. But he enjoys that too. I do it because if I didn’t he would go the whole day without eating sometimes, because some days he just can’t leave for even 30 minutes. Oh, and he claims that he doesn’t know how to make a lunch, haha.

Post # 41
    2515 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I pack him left overs if there’s enough for both our lunches. Otherwise he would never take lunch to work.

Post # 42
    5592 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

I almost always do, but won’t make him something completely different than what I’m having.  We work at the same place, so it’s really no big deal to grab two of things and toss them in the same bag, and I usually “assemble” lunches while I’m putting away leftovers from (ie, if there’s leftover chicken breast/salad/taco fixings I bag them up immediately into single serving portions) dinner so it’s not a big deal. 

Post # 43
    2015 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Yes, always. There’s not a cafeteria at his work and no fast food restaurants around (although he wouldn’t probably eat fast food anyway), so it’s much healthier and cheaper for me to pack his lunch.

Usually, I’ll put something in the crock pot the night before and package it in the morning, along with some veggies or a salad. Occasionally, I’ll make a double portion of something for dinner and will pack him the leftovers. 

I love to do it and he is so appreciative and sweet about it. I can’t wait til my son is school age so I can do fun bento style lunches ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 44
    1415 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Yep – I make pretty much all the meals in our house and do all the grocery shopping and meal planning, except sometimes we have “scrounge night” where we both just eat cereal or something simple.  I pack my husband’s lunch every day, but I am also packing mine and we eat the same thing, so it is much easier to pack two similar lunches than to have two people dragging everything out and packing lunches separately.  I rotate between packing leftovers and salads for lunch.  

My husband is totally spoiled when it comes to food preparation (just ask either of our mothers!), but there are a few things that he is solely responsible for as well, which I really appreciate.  For the most part, I really love to plan our meals and to cook, plus I don’t even want to think about what my husband would eat if I didn’t make him lunch!  :o)

Post # 45
    2637 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

He either makes it, buys it, or his company buys it (if they have clients.)

Post # 46
    1783 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

We actually do it turn about… Some weeks I’ll do it most nights then the next he will… But only the sandwiches, we will grab the fruit/yoghurt etc we want ourselves to pack our boxes. Now if only I could get him to take his turn at putting the laundry in and doing the dishes without having to nag hahaha

The topic ‘Do you make your hubby’s lunch?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors