Do you pay attention to what photos your man 'likes' on Instagram?

posted 3 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: Are you bothered if your man 'likes' other girls photos on Instagram?
    Yes : (30 votes)
    23 %
    No : (99 votes)
    77 %
  • Post # 46
    491 posts
    Helper bee

Not that I agree with the above video, but I think it is hilarious 😀

Post # 47
    1700 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2018

TBH,  I don’t even notice his social networking activity unless he tags me,  although he doesn’t have instagram and rarely posts on facebook.  That said,  we are in are 36 and 38 and I don’t know any men my age active on instagram and the women I know in instagram are like me,  food and animals and children posters lol. I think this might be a generational thing. 

Post # 48
    11278 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
    sharpshooter :  

Hah!  Dh was always phobic about social media until I convinced him he could use Instagram to follow German Shepherd pictures. He likes it fine now.

Post # 49
    11278 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
    anabolina :  

I think you’re on to something about the generational thing.  Dh and I are super old and not engaged much in social media.  Dh had a lot of paranoia about social media. Until I showed him how to use messenger so he could talk to me when I’m upstairs and Instragram/FB for German Shepherd pics, he thought they would kill him instantly.

Post # 50
    267 posts
    Helper bee

You should only be worried if he’s sliding into DMs

Post # 51
    5013 posts
    Bee Keeper

View original reply
    surftown89 :  it is only “literally a two second scan” if after those two seconds you say “meh” and move on with your day.  But I’m going to guess the additional time you spend wondering and ruminating on why he gives more likes to someone on something that doesn’t matter two fucks in the grand scheme of life than he gives to you and then wondering if you can trust him and then wondering if you are being unreasonable or driving him away and then polling internet strangers to validate you or test your reasonableness takes more than two seconds of your day.  So yeah, find something besides Instagram to fill your time and expend your emotional energy.

Post # 52
    208 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    liara :  oh stop it with the “who has time” “who does that” 

apparently a lot of people do.  Don’t try to make her feel crazy just because you don’t agree 

Post # 53
    208 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    surftown89 :  I’m the same way girl. Luckily my man doesn’t have a Instagram lol

Post # 54
    999 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2017

This was always an issue for me in past relationships and I feel it’s very disrespectful.

I married a man who doesn’t bother much with social media and could careless about random women on social media.

But yeah, I’ll be the first to admit I have had issues with this, and I don’t think there’s anything “wrong” if it is something that bothers you.

Post # 55
    1274 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
    surftown89 :  I think I’m in the minority on this one…

I don’t use social media much, and I’ve never felt the desire or need to check out what DH does with his. That said, it would bother me if he was liking pictures of ‘hot’ or scantily clad women that he doesn’t know. Even though the women obviously are happy to put those pictures out there, I find the whole thing pretty objectifying and would also find it a bit disrespectful to me and our relationship.

There’s no question that him liking pictures of women he knows is totally fine and normal. 

Post # 56
    133 posts
    Blushing bee

I don’t have to worry about this anymore (i did in a past relationship), but I totally understand why you’re uncomfortable. I think it’s more of a respect thing overall and I do think it’s disrespectful for a man to be liking pictures all the time of other women when he’s in a relationship.

People say, “it’s not that big of a deal, just get over it,” but if it’s not that big of a deal then why can’t he stop liking the other pictures? I don’t think guys should get to do what they want without regards to their SO just because… “well it’s just a guy thing”

Post # 57
    336 posts
    Helper bee

It’s never even crossed my mind. 

Post # 58
    4375 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2016

Umm. I don’t even know how to see what he has “liked” on IG. 

Post # 59
    769 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    saratiara2 :  queenie8119 :  Based on that logic you should probably get a job, or go volunteer since you have time to post on this website.”

The point I am trying to make which completely escapes you is that there IS no logic to him searching up random girls and ‘liking’ pics when he knows that it bothers his gf. And secondly, when I post here, I am at least helping someone, (if not this OP, because her bf doesn’t seem to care about how she feels about something POINTLESS he is doing that he can live without doing), but many other bees at least. He isn’t helping anyone but he is actually hurting the OP’s emotions.

And yes, I do volunteer and have a job. I must have good time management skills.

Post # 60
    97 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
    surftown89 :  I would drop it personally. Like yeah it would annoy me but tbh that is why I DONT pry and I don’t like being a hypocrite. People are people are unless you’re blind, people can appreciate when someone is good looking whether you’re interested or not. Your relationship should be more sound where even if he did get openly hit on by the hottest supermodel in the world, he would still choose you. If you have a problem doing this, then you need to work on your own self esteem. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors