(Closed) Do you really, really like your job?

posted 9 years ago in Career
Post # 3
Member
545 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Im happy with work 41% of the time.

I got a raise… kept me happy for three months. I got the promotion… still unhappy. Im not moving to a new company to do the same thing (Banking). Which is why i am back in school for an entirely different profession and its the only thing keeping me going at work. I honestly think if i moved locations that would help but unfortunately i havent found a different location.

Post # 4
Member
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I 95% hate my job.  But it took me a year to find it and in the end it is good experience so I am still here.  My boss has me doing the work of three people and still demands perfection so it is very stressful.  Luckily my commute has improved after buying a car, but it still takes a while to get here. 

Post # 5
Member
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I 90% love my job!  But I had to work for places I hated for over 3 years in order to get this job. 

Post # 6
Member
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i like what i am doing but i hate my boss. so i’d say any day i don’t have to deal with him i am 95% happy and days where we cross paths i am 20% happy. lol.

Post # 7
Member
2474 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I 90% hate my job.  I don’t like the area of law I practice and I don’t like my boss.  I think I would be happier practicing in a different area of law.  If only there were more jobs right now and I wasn’t too lazy to keep looking!

Post # 8
Member
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

At the place I work right now (tutoring at an elementary school, part time) I’m happy most of the time….I like it alot, I just don’t like one of the teachers I tutor for.

The job I will have after I graduate? Love. Love. Love. I am sooooo excited!

Post # 9
Member
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I don’t like my job most of the time.  But I’m still in school.  And I hope to like the real job that I can get once I’m done.  I’d say I’m happy about 10% of the time where I am right now.  When I’m done with my degree and get my real job, I hope to be happy closer to 75% of the time.  I’m one of those people who will probably never be 100% happy.  I always wanted a career, but lately I’ve realized that a job is a job and there are more important things in life.

Post # 10
Member
1509 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m happy at my job.  I’m about to start going through the process of getting a top secret government security clearance, which is kind of stressful, but I like it.

Post # 11
Member
5497 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I love my job! I’m happy there 90% of the time. However, if the manager is in a bad mood, you sometimes pay the price. And I hate upselling stuff to pople who have already told me no every other day they came in. lol. But over all I LOVE IT!

Post # 12
Member
1149 posts
Bumble bee

I 95% love my job!  My only complaints is that it’s very hectic sometimes which makes for some stress.  But overall it’s great, and I get to work with awesome people.  Laughing

Post # 13
Member
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Claxton Farm

I like the idea of what my job will be one day.

When I was a teacher, I loved my job 80%. The other 20% lured me to grad school.

I think I’ll always be a teacher, but I’d like to teach on the university level.

Post # 14
Member
7499 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

I 90% love my job but only 20% like my co-workers if that makes sense.

Post # 15
Member
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Earlier this year, I was working full time for a major ticketing corporation (you know who I’m talking about), and I 75% hated my job.  My co-workers were awesome, and my benefits were great, but other than that – ick.

Luckily, I got to quit, and I am now self-employed, work from home, and LOVE my job.  I would say I 95% love it because money is a bit tight, but it’s so worth it.

Post # 16
Member
522 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I love everything about my job, except for not being able to get as many raises as I would like. There just isn’t enough money for that with it being a nonprofit organization. I was due for a promotion in September, but I won’t get it until 2010 – hopefully early 2010. I hate not knowing when it will come!

The topic ‘Do you really, really like your job?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors