(Closed) Do you remember the exact words your FI used to propose to you with?

posted 5 years ago in Engagement
  • poll: Do you remember everything your FI said during the proposal?
    Yes. Word for word. : (33 votes)
    33 %
    No. I was in total shock. : (16 votes)
    16 %
    Bits and pieces. I was shocked. : (48 votes)
    48 %
    No. I was too busy staring at the ring (OLST syndrome Oh Look! Shiny Thing!) : (3 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 46
    4 posts
    Wannabee

…………….

Post # 47
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2017

Him: *takes out ring* I want to marry you

Me: (not thinking of anything) ya girlfriend!

Him: I love you so much and… *starts tearing up* *went on one knee*

Me: *finally notice what’s going on* *gasp* oh-my-goshh

*start crying* 

Him: will you marry me? *as he was already putting the ring on*

(he added something else here, but neither of us can remember)

Me: ohmygosh, yes, get up, yes, I love you too, yes, you idiot.

On our walk back to the hotel from the beach (we were at a resort in Cuba)

Him: so, I got you good, eh?

Me: bye

And two years later, I still don’t think the proposal could’ve been anymore perfect to me. 

Post # 48
    152 posts
    Blushing bee

LOL! I am so happy I am not the only one who was so shocked they didn’t hear anything once he got down on one knee!!! I made him repeat it a second time after I had accepted and I blanked out that time too HA!

Post # 49
    11278 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
    Sunfire:  

Aaaawwwwww.  That is too sweet–he re-proposes every week!

Post # 50
    1586 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

View original reply
    grits75:  I remember word for word, but there wasn’t much of it.

We were in an amazing place, and he said ‘While we’re here….’ *gets down on one knee*  Will you marry me?

Poor thing isn’t a wordsmith at the best of times, and he panicked when he realised he was about to do it haha.  We laughed about it afterwards.

Post # 51
    3299 posts
    Sugar bee

I was in total awe of the MASSIVE tree we were standing under and it took me a while to realise he was actually proposing, ooops … all I remember is him saying “Porcelainbelle, I love you, you love me…. (insert stuff i don’t remember). Will you marry me?” YES. “I’m going to climb 65metres up this tree now”… lol

Post # 52
    160 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

We were on a ski trip (I wasn’t expecting the proposal at all though) and I was having a mid afternoon nap after a day of snowboarding. He walked over to the bed and woke me up and said I have something for you and dropped the ring into my hand. I was literally expecting one of the peanut butter pretzel bites we had brought up for the week, and I’m a total bear after a nap, so as he was waking me up I was like “ughammghdmms go away!” And then I realised what he actually put in my hand and was like ‘yes! wait, what?! really?! yes!’

It was a little bit ridiculous, but very us. I did tease him for aggges about not having gotten down on one knee, though, so eventually he re-proposed on one knee with a ring pop 🙂

Post # 53
    161 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2016

Yes I remember word by word, both proposals..lol He proposed to me 12 years ago. It was short and sweet. “Honey, I love you, your my soulmate, will you marry me?” We broke up 3 years later, on good terms, it just wasn’t working for either of us, we were young & stubborn. We got back together 6 years later.

After 2 years of blissful dating he proposed again (with a new ring) “I can’t live with you, but I know for a fact I can’t live without you!! You drive me crazy, but I’m crazy in love with you! I can’t imagine you not being in my life, forever! I love you! Will you marry me, for real this time?” haha I thought it was cute, sweet, and honest. 💗

Post # 54
    367 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2017

He really blindsided me. I think the only reason I remember what was said is because he secretely recorded it on his laptop. Shame the dog sat down watching us in the way of the camera though!!!

My reaction – OH MY GOD ARE YOU JOKING and then burst into hysterics haha.

Post # 55
    316 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

Mine came round the corner with a really odd look on his face and he got down on one knee and said there’s no point waiting (I knew he had the ring) sweety will you marry me. I wish I’d have let him spit his words out because I started yelling yes at him and trying ti kiss him too soon! Lol

Post # 57
    404 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    grits75:  “While I have you up here, I have a question to ask you.” *got down on one knee and pulled out a box* “Will you marry me?” And I’ll never forget how his eyes misted up and his lip trembled slightly when he asked. I’m glad I was looking at him instead of the ring, because I would have missed that.

The topic ‘Do you remember the exact words your FI used to propose to you with?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors