(Closed) Do you see a major difference in quality?? (photos)

posted 10 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: Which photographer should I go with?
    The one the planner recommends... The website could just make the pic look grainy : (2 votes)
    3 %
    The one you found, theres a big difference : (63 votes)
    97 %
  • Post # 17
    15 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2000

Always go with a photographer you feel comfortable with.  Sometimes vendors recommend someone only because the photographer has been there before, not necessarily because of the quality of their work.  I find the use of a wide angle lense on the second photographer annoying, but that’s just my personal preference. Best of luck!

Post # 18
    1 posts
    Wannabee

Definetely go with the photographer whose images best-reflect your personal style.  HOWEVER, consider your wedding coordinator´s suggestion.  S/he may NOT, afterall, be receiving a commission.  There are a lot of issues that concern destination wedding coordinators, that brides may not consider: price/quality, speed in receiving your photos, how the photographer WORKS (unobstrusive vs. I-am-an-artiste! attitude!), if the photographer speaks your language well-enough to comfortably work with you on your wedding day, etc.  I´d just say it´s better to start with opening a dialogue with a potential photographer, and ask for references from other brides.  Good luck!

Post # 19
    20 posts
    Newbee

Coming from a photographer, Go with the one you like.  Those are the pictures you are going to have for the rest of your life and you want them to be good.

Post # 20
    1068 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

It could be the website, but I think about photographers as a business. Their website is their selling platform – if they aren’t going to spend time and money making that look great to represent their product, then what is there product really like? I like the second one 

Post # 21
    Bee
    915 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2010 - Al Cielo / La Laguna

Wow I am so far behind on this one but Claudia has great reviews among Destination Wedding brides in the Riviera Maya. I have stalked (yea like crazy stalked) all the photographers from that area and I have never even heard of Pamella.  I would totally agree there is a kickback happening.

Post # 22
    16 posts
    Newbee

i agree, quite  a possiblity

Post # 23
    739 posts
    Busy bee

The one your planner recommends doesn’t now lighting very well and looks like they used photoshop to “save” their images rather then be a better photog.

Though I’m not a fan of the colorized images I def think the one you found knows what she is doing a little more then the first one.

Post # 24
    1986 posts
    Buzzing bee

Can you check out their facebooks? Quite often I’ve found that they don’t update their website and their facebook stuff looks MUCH better.

(But that asides, I LOVE #2, much better!)

Post # 25
    4410 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2010 - Savannah, GA

Do NOT go with a photographer whose style you do not like no matter who the recommendation came from!

Having just come back from my own destination wedding, which I planned from afar, I can tell you from experience that you really need to trust your gut.  I would also recommend actually talking on the phone with anyone you are thinking about hiring.  You can learn so much more about a person by talking on the phone than you can by email.  And if you don’t like their personality on the phone, you won’t like it in person, and you will look annoyed in your pictures…not the look you want.

Post # 26
    42 posts
    Newbee

Claudia all the way. Better photos by far. And as all the posters have said, in one way or another: “listen to your heart.” Pick a photographer you like at fist sight, and don’t turn back.

Besides, She had me sold with her music. 🙂

Post # 27
    2260 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2020

Your choice was a ton better!

Post # 28
    265 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I like yours way better. I wouldn’t just go with other because she suggested it. She might get something if you go with that one and may not be the best one for you. Especially, don’t go along with anything you are not comfortable with. Go with your choice!

Post # 29
    142 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I think the 2nd one is much better!

Post # 30
    4485 posts
    Honey bee

To me, they don’t even look similar. Go with the one you love since these will all that you have years from now to remember the day. Also, the photographer you picked appears to be much better quality.

The topic ‘Do you see a major difference in quality?? (photos)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors