(Closed) Do you share your dress details w/ your friends & family?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1363 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I shared the pic with the model in it with anyone who wanted to see it.  (Even my little Brother-In-Law, who I don’t think really cared…)  I did not share pictures of me IN the dress with anyone (except the hive).  My mom did, which I was a little peeved about, but even then I decided it wasn’t worth worrying about.

Post # 4
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

I emailed pics out to my Mom’s and Bmaids then dropped it. I’ve found no one really asks me about the dress!

Post # 5
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Oh yeah, I’ve shared a pic with anyone who has asked, or showed the dress on its hanger to anyone that’s been at our place and asked.  I just haven’t really cared about the surprise element.  I didn’t know anyone did until weddingbee ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
674 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I posted all the pics from my Davids Bridal trip on FB (but made it so my fiance couldn’t see them) but once I picked my dress (at a salon, not the dresses at Davids) I haven’t really told anyone except my immediate family and my two MOH’s. And the only people who’ve actually seen it are my mom, Future Mother-In-Law, my MOH’s and everyone on Weddingbee. I don’t want any of my guests to know what my dress looks like or anything.

It’s a surprise. So if they do ask I’ll explain to them that it’s gorgeous and unique and I’m waiting to share any details until I walk into that church ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I have had ppl ask and I just politely say I am keeping it a surprise!

Only my BMs and Mom have seen the pics!

Post # 8
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009 - St. Thomas of Villanova Church & the F.U.E.L. House

I showed designer pics of my dress to the bridal party girls, but only my mom and sister saw me in mine until the wedding day.

Post # 9
1205 posts
Bumble bee

I have shared my plans and inspiration dresses, but I’m not sure how I’ll feel once i find “the” dress.  We shall see.

Post # 10
2007 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I told any one who asked about it (female relatives and the occasional friend).  I wasn’t too concerned about it.  Even if they saw a picture of me in the dress it didn’t take away from the “big reveal” in the least. 

I did have one aunt who didn’t want to see it until I came down the aisle and was so adorable when she came to deliver something right before the ceremony and still refused to look at me.  

Post # 11
828 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

While dress-hunting I’ve been asking for the opinions of many people online (weddingbee and another site) and also my mother and my fiance. I think his opinion is the most valid of all, and I could care less about the “don’t see the bride in the dress superstition.”

Post # 12
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Only my 3 future sister in laws have seen me in the actual gown. The bridal store wouldn’t let us take pictures so I really have no pictures of me in the gown. I have shown my close girlfriends and my dad pictures of another bride wearing the gown and have described it to a lot of people.

The only person that I don’t want to know is my Fiance ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I haven’t shown anyone a picture of me in the dress. I have shown them a picture of the dress on the model. I planned on showing both moms on Thanksgiving but surprisingly enough…they both want to wait until they see the wedding video and photos. So…the first person who will see me in my dress will be my daughter and then the groom on our wedding day.

Post # 14
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I showed my Bridal Party and My mom… Those are the only ones able to see the model picture before the wedding!!!

The topic ‘Do you share your dress details w/ your friends & family?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors