(Closed) Do you think this name is a boy or girls name?

posted 8 years ago in Babies
  • poll: If you heard this name would you think boy or girl?
    Boy : (59 votes)
    18 %
    Girl : (164 votes)
    49 %
    Gender Neutral : (114 votes)
    34 %
  • Post # 32
    598 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I think it could go either way, but I feel it’s more masculine…

Post # 33
    1991 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
    @fireNice:  agreed! I know way too many little girls named paige.  I think Charlotte is on its way to the overuse category.  Every pregnant woman I know right now has that name on her list.  Not to mention my extended family has grown to include 3 new little Charlottes in the past 2yrs.  This may just be my circle though.  

As a PP said Paige is a lovely middle name though.  OP, I honestly think it flows lovely with any of the other names on your list. 

Post # 34
    329 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I know many more girl Averys than boys.  We have a niece named Avery, and I know of several people who picked that name for their daughters.  We have a neighbor boy named Avery…my first thought when I heard his name was “That’s a girl name!”  But I think it works for both.

Post # 35
    7294 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
    @Future MrsB:  i thought of 30 Rock too.

View original reply
    @roxy821:  that makes more sense now that you explained. if everyone just hated it because they didn’t like the sound of it, then that would suck if you let it influence your decision.

Post # 36
    1092 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @JlovesM:  Isn’t Avery the guy’s last name? I think the character’s first name is Jackson. [Sorry, not trying to be the Grey’s Anatomy police 🙂 ]

OP, I think Avery is gender neutral but currently seems to be used more for girls than boys.

ETA: 

View original reply
    @Future MrsB:  Gah! Beat me to it!

Post # 37
    329 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

[content removed for privacy purposes]

Post # 38
    3170 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Well I know a little girl named Avery and I also know the name Avery from Grey’s Anatomy for a guy. And let me tell you, that boy is GORGEOUS. So either way, it works.

Oh! Just saw some other’s mentioned Avery from grey’s. And yes, it’s his last name but it’s still what I think of. And…he’s still hot.

Post # 40
    1098 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @Future MrsB:  Oh yah duhhh. I forgot they go by their last names LOL oooops

Post # 42
    1351 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I know a little boy named Avery BUT even knowing that I still think of it as a totally gender neutral name.

Post # 43
    4272 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I would think a boy, only because I know alot of parents who have chosen this name for their son.

Post # 44
    799 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I think I went to school with a few boys named Avery, but it’s definitely becoming more of a girl’s name these days.  Probably like Ashley and Leslie in pastt years.

Post # 45
    2701 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

i knew an avery in high school who was a male. so i think male.

Post # 46
    292 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Oh I was in the same boat as you.  I love Avery for a girl, but DH was adamant that it was too manly.  So that’s off our list.  But I love it!

The topic ‘Do you think this name is a boy or girls name?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors