Post # 1
- Wedding: August 2009 - St. Thomas of Villanova Church & the F.U.E.L. House
So I’m finally (finally!) caving and meeting with two DOCs, with the hopes of picking one to work with for our wedding. My first meeting is tonight. What questions do you suggest I ask to make sure she’s the right person to assist with our wedding?
Post # 3
Make sure to get references and a contract. Double check that what you really need is in the contract.
Ask how many times you can contact the DOC and how much in advance of the wedding.
Will s/he be there for you during your rehearsal dinner?
Will they confirm all the vendors scheduled for you?
I haven’t hired a DOC yet but these are some things I would definitely look in to.
Post # 4
- What is your experience? How long have you been a wedding planner, how many weddings have you done? Ask for referrals and CALL THEM! Talk to other brides and see what their experience was with her.
- How many other weddings will you be planning for that same weekend? This is very important, you want to make certain that she’ll be available to you!
Will you be doing the “day-of” coordination and will you have staff? Find out if there are extra charges for extra staff.
- How much do you cost? Does the wedding planner charge a flat fee, an hourly, etc. What is her payment schedule, is it all due up front? Does she charge extra for referrals, a “finders fee”?
- Do you work with vendors regularly that offer discounts? This will tell you how well connected she is.
- What happens if you have an emergency and can’t make it to my wedding? Do you have an assistant or a back-up?
- Can you tell me about something that went wrong at a wedding you planned and how you handled it? How do you deal with stress?
- Will she be at the rehearsal?
- How many times will we meet?
- Have you worked at our venue before?
Just some questions I found googling that sounds helpful.
Post # 5
Have they ever coordinated an event at your venue?
Have they ever worked with any of the vendors you’ve already booked?
How often will they contact vendors to confirm?
Will they make and distribute schedules to vendors and bridal party members?
Will they distribute things like tips, centerpieces, and leftover food afterward? Can they also be in charge of loading leftover things (liquor, gifts, etc.) into cars?
Do they have an assistant?