- 8 years ago
- Wedding: October 2010
I learned last week that my assistant at work would be leaving to start a new job. On one hand I was sad but this means she can be my DOC!! I figure who knows me and how I would handle a situation better than her right?
She is interested in doing it and we are going to meet tomorrow to talk about what this would entail. My question is how much should I pay her?
She hasn’t done this before but is incredibly detail oriented. Her duties would be:
- Help me finish the day of timeline 2 weeks out.
- Contact all vendors the week of to coordinate schdules
- Pick up bouquets & centerpiece flowers day of and drop off bouquets to Bride
- Get to recepetion site at noon to start set up and meet vendors.
- Put out centerpieces, favors, flowers around the room, place cards, bathroom baskets, etc
- Put out direction signs for guests
- greet guests and direct to place card table
- coordinate with Band to announce wedding party
- coordinate with caterer for buffet lines
- Handle any unforseen problems and issues.
- Basically take all the worry away from me for the day
What is a good amount?
I see that day of coordinators get anywhere from $200 to $1,200 in my area. Since she won’t have anything to do with the rehearsal or ceremony I figure it would probably be in the lower half as she doesn’t have any experience also. I don’t want to under pay her and honestly if she does a great job I have no problem giving her a good tip.