(Closed) Does $2500 for NYC/Queens Photographer exist anymore?

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Prices should be based on what you get in your package. And you should be able to negotiate based on what you need and what you don’t. I told them I didn’t need printed proofs, and that took a couple hundred off right there. We choose a mounted album instead of magazine style to ensure that our parents got albums as well. We did get an engagement shoot, some prints, fully edited disks and rights to print.

Here is our teaser, we should be seeing the rest this week.

Although his main office is out on long Island, but he met with us in Glendale and what we paid was within your budget but there are prices listed on his website. He is very personably, everyone loved him and you can see his work.

http://www.lighthousephotography.com/

Post # 4
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I am in NYC and booked a photographer for a little more than you’re budget.  But I have 2 shooters, 10 hours of photography, digital rights to all the pictures, an engagement session and I believe 100 hardcopy pictures of my photographer’s choosing.  I didn’t pre-order an album in my package, to save some money in the upfront wedding costs, but plan on ordering an album after the wedding. 

MSG me if you want her details!

Post # 6
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

OMG… I’m so sorry, I left out *no*  There are no prices on his site. When we met with him, he gave us a folder with package prices and al a cart prices. He was more than happy to work with us and work out something we were happy with. 

Post # 8
554 posts
Busy bee

Check our Kimberly Salem, she may be a smidge over that but you can negotiate packages I am sure

Post # 11
389 posts
Helper bee

yes.  check out photographybyzo.com

he’s great and cheap!

Post # 12
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Lighthouse Photography. They are in Port Jefferson and do amazing work.

Post # 13
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Expand your search outside the city, look upstate in NY (Albany, Hudson Valley, even Syracuse and Rochester) or in PA, different rate scale. Many of us travel, certainly within 5 hours from home.

$2500 is a reasonable budget. You want a full coverage so you should be able to get it at that price point but it will probably be only for the coverage and images for print. No e session or albums. More than likely only one photographer at that price as well, which is fine.

The topic ‘Does $2500 for NYC/Queens Photographer exist anymore?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors