Does a 1.25 ct moissanite need to be enhanced????????

posted 6 years ago in Rings
  • poll: I want to get a round cut moissy
    enhance the 1.25 : (42 votes)
    75 %
    get a 1.00ct instead to avoid color : (7 votes)
    13 %
    leave the 1.25 as is cause it wont show yellow of green anyway : (7 votes)
    13 %
    other : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    441 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Size is just one factor. The color also depends on what shape you get. Round cuts are more white than a radiant cut for example: http://www.moissaniteco.com/guide_color.html

I don’t have a 1.25 carat myself. I do have a round unenhanced 1 carat and it seems quite white to me so I wouldn’t think a round 1.25 carat would be dramatically different. 

Post # 4
    705 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I have a 1.8 ct unenhanced cushion and it’s super white.  Even compared next to diamonds, set in yellow gold (purposefully to enhance the yellow I was hoping for) and on less than sunny days, the thing is stupidly, super white.  On overcast, grey dreary days it can be yellow but that’s it.  

If you’re super color sensitive then I’d get it enhanced.  I still love my moissanite, even if it is whiter than I had hoped for.

Post # 5
    1595 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@zomgwut:  What color diamonds are you looking at ? I have a 1.5 unenhanced carat moissy (set in a yellow gold band) and it is without a doubt very warm in color compared to my mother’s H 1.63 carat diamond…I think some people are more color sensitive than others- is it possible for you to order a loose stone and compare it to a diamond? Are ordering loose stones from moissanitco completely refundable or is this a restocking fee?

Post # 6
    1458 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

Are you talking about round brilliant cuts? If so, you may be okay without it, depending on how color sensitive you are. If you find you are color sensitive and you prefer whiter stones over warmer ones, I think you should get the Amora treated stone.

For any other cuts, including cushions in my opinion, I would definitely get it Amora-ized.

Post # 7
    38 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@zomgwut:  Do you have a picture of hour cushion cut ring? I’ve seen SO many “real-life” pics of the round moissanite, but hardly any of the cushion – which is the cut I think I like the best.

As far as enhancing it, I’m of the mindset tha if this is your “forever” ring, and it’s only $100 per carat more, then I would enhance it – 1 carat, 1.25 carats, or event 3 carats.

Post # 8
    4014 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I have a 1.5 and its Amora enhanced. It does have a buttery tinge to it only on dreary days, but I it the way it is. If you’re sensitive to color I would get it enhanced or go with the 1 carat to minimize the color.

Post # 9
    705 posts
    Busy bee

This is a pic I took in the car right after I got it.  It’s set in palladium and framed in yellow gold.

This is a pro pic from my photographer (ixiphotography.com).  It was evening on an overcast day and the color was edited to be a bit warmer because I had cryptkeeper hands due to the cold.  It’s definitely gold in this photo but it never shows this amount of color.  When she was taking the photo, it was it’s usual white color irl.  It’s more often like the first photo.  I’m a terrible photographer so I have so far been unsuccessful in getting a good shot of the stone.

My stone has never shown any green unless I am wearing green–you’ll see more of whatever color your around in the rainbow sparkles.  So when I wear purple, it reflects more purple and so on.

Post # 10
    38 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@zomgwut:  Your ring is GORGEOUS! Out of curiousity what size ring do you wear? The 1.8 is exactly what I’m looking at getting, and it just looks perfect on your hand!

Also, I just re-read my first post – sorry for all the typos! Talking about the bling just gets me so excited, apparently I forget how to spell check!

Post # 11
    705 posts
    Busy bee

Thank you!  We had it custom made since I couldn’t find anything I liked off the rack. I wear a size 5.5.  If you’re unsure, you can order a loose stone and send it back if you don’t like it.  Moissaniteco has good return policies.

Post # 12
    4478 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I’d go with the enhancement, personally.  It elimates a lot of the green tones.  

Post # 13
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

This is my 1.25 ct. equivalent unenhanced Moissy. Overcast days=some color, most of the time=white…it’s set in a diamond halo/pave and white gold.

Post # 14
    1098 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

If you are bothered by color at all I would say go with the enhanced Moissanite, I have a 1ct. unenhanced round set in a halo and anytime I am outside but in the shadows like under an awning or in my bedroom with the windows open, the stone looks yellow. Everywhere else and under every kind of light it is super bright white. So just so you know, buying a 1 ct won’t guarantee that the stone wont show color. 

Post # 15
    3101 posts
    Sugar bee

Bump!  I have decided to get an unenhanced 1.25 round because I so often see people with unenhanced stones saying how white they are, and people with amoras saying how yellow they are.  Any new comments to add to this topic?

Post # 16
    639 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

@ceebree:  maybe i guess it also depends on the cut you get?

ive got a 1.3ct equiv square brilliant and enhanced and only sometimes shows a tinge of yellow. but then again square shows colour more than round. 

i think you could get away with not enhancing a round up to a 1ct – 1.25. A square I recommend to enhance (=

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors