(Closed) does any one know the difference btw rhineston mesh and ribbon?

posted 5 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
11658 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

@almoste:  You mean Rhinstone ribbon versus rhinestone mesh?

I’m guessing here – but I think the mesh is the not actual rhinestone stuff that from a distance looks like rhinestone but upclose you realize it’s inverted/concave circles – used on boquets and cakes a lot.  I’m not sure what the ribbon would be….

Post # 4
13 posts

Hi to decorate the cake you need to buy the rhinestone mesh and then a plastic band for cakes and to glue the mesh by the band and then put it around the cake. That’s what we are doing for our cake. 

Most of the bakeries have the special wide bakery tape used for cakes to hold them still . 

We will just use some hot glue gun and glue the rhinestone mesh directly on the tape. I read on different sites that you’re not supposed to apply the mesh directly, as it’s not food safe. 

I found what I was looking for on this site : 




The topic ‘does any one know the difference btw rhineston mesh and ribbon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors