(Closed) Does anyone have a 0.50 ct – 0.80 ct Halo engagement ring?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 17
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I am in a similar situation! I am resetting my e-ring from a solitare to a simple 3 stone ring with a halo around the center diamond only. My center stone is .60 ct/E/SI1 and I have had a similar concern. Especially about losing the bright sparkle factor in the halo. I know I want a plain shank, I happen to adore the contrast of metal/ diamond.  i think it sets off the stone and highlights all those super features we love about our diamonds! Maybe you could do a delicate halo on a very thin plain shank to emphasize your stone.  Thanks for starting this thread!  I really want to see pics of the exact same thing!! Good luck! 

Oh, this ring has a really lovely underside to the halo. It seems more open that a lot of others IMO

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER9515W44JJ

Post # 18
2393 posts
Buzzing bee

@RK312:  

She also said that halos look better on bigger diamonds, not on ones under 1ct. 

With all due respect to your jeweler, that is baloney.

NikkiS (I think that is her Bee name?) has a drop dead gorgeous double halo flower ring and if I’m not mistaken, she once posted that the center stone was about a half carat. Here it is:

And I recently got a lab sapphire halo on EBay (for $10!) with a half carat center. I am wearing it on and off to help me decide whether I want a halo or not… here it is:

I’ve already decided that if I do get a halo, I want the center stone to be on the smallish side — about a half carat — so that there will be room for a chunky halo around it. I prefer halos with larger stones rather than the tiny sugar frost halos.

Post # 19
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

My center stone is .50 with a halo. I love it.

The topic ‘Does anyone have a 0.50 ct – 0.80 ct Halo engagement ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors