(Closed) Does it bother you when photographers don't list their prices?

posted 9 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: Does it bother you when photographers don't list their prices on their website?
    Yes and I would skip over that photographer : (109 votes)
    43 %
    Yes but I would still inquire if I like the photo's : (123 votes)
    48 %
    No it doesn't bother me : (22 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 77
    4554 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

My mom always said “If you have to ask, it’s out of your range.”

It also REALLY bugs me when they refer to the cost as an “investment.” It’s not like I am going to be able to sell them for much more than I paid for them in 10 years! No one is going to make money off their old wedding pictures at a later date–Come on. If it’s looked at as an investment, it’s a very poor one indeed, and always makes me feel like the photog is going to either be way overpriced or, barring that, super-duper pretentious. A lot of them do it, but I was super happy mine didn’t, and it made me feel better about hiring my photog.

Post # 78
    4554 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

@nl:  +1. I am definitely wearing my plain band when we meet with caterers, and we plan on pulling up in my FI’s hoopty.

Post # 79
    43 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2014

I agree with some of the above ladies, if the price isn’t listed I assume it’s too expensive. Also it is a waste of both your time and mine if you are way out of my budget, I like the idea of giving ranges. Also I went to a really cool website that had a pricing calculator (I ended up booking through them because I was tired of emailing people) (and I really liked their photos) not the cheapest but it was the least amount of headache, I was able to type in the hours, 1 or 2 photographers, engagement session, etc. and the price would calculate as I entered the info. This was great way for me to see different options within my budget. 

Post # 80
    3974 posts
    Honey bee

Truthfully it annoys me to no end. I skipped over many photographers and took my buisness elsewear because it’s a pain in the ass waiting for a response from a photographer that might be completely out of budget anyways. Not to mention it’s a huge waste of time on the clients part because they have to email each one asking for prices etc. Yuck!

Photographers PUT YOUR PRICES UP!

Post # 81
    3974 posts
    Honey bee

Also for the PP’s saying it’s not that hard to send out an email…yeah obviously! The point is some photographers take forever to respond, want to chit chat about “blah blah blah” and then FINALLY you might get a price point after beating around the bush over a few emails. Not the kind of stress I want to add on top of wedding planning. I want a price or a range. Period. No chatting about the blue skies and “how we met” just to get a figure.

Post # 82
    1029 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

Wooow, that “INVESTMENT” thing, I never thought anything about it until you guys pointed out but you’re right. Haha. It’s always easier and a lot cleaner if they just say “pricing”. “Investment” does come across pretentious doesn’t it.

The topic ‘Does it bother you when photographers don't list their prices?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors