Post # 1
Or atleast they have sharper teeth… Tonight my puppy decided she would eat a bottle of excedrine!! I leave the house for an hour to get my hair done and I come back to my FH and puppy sitting outside, water everywhere and my FH scolding me for not answering my phone. I left it on the coffee table when I went to the salon. Apparently our 8mo old puppy decided to play with a bottle of excedrine, some how got the bottle open and ‘ate” some of the pills inside. We have no idea how many there was just a bunch of capsules crushed on the floor! So my FH was calling to ask if I had any syringes (apparently because im a nurse I carry them with me?) so he could give her peroxide that he read will induce vomitting… instead he took our 40lb baby outside, had to roll her on her back and hold her down to give her the peroxide… she vomitted several times and seems ok.. now they are passed out on the couch… sigh.. never an uneventful day…
Post # 3
I would call pet emergency and ask for their advice or at the least follow up with your Vet in the morning.
There is some information on the Animal Poison Control section of the ASPCA website that you might find helpful.
Glad things to seem better.
Post # 4
Thanks we did call the posion control people and everything
Post # 5
I hope that your pup is doing alright now!
Post # 6
@eseds: Ok great! That always one of the first places I call too. I know we had to take our little one about a month after we got her because she was vomitting and not moving. It was so expensive! But we were glad we took her because she wouldn’t have made it until morning without some fluids.
Post # 8
@eseds: Good on your FH for knowing the peroxide trick, many doggy owners don’t know that one and it can save your furbaby. Benadryl and Pepto Bismol are also safe for dogs if needed.