Post # 16
fascinated: Thanks! You’re right. I really do like the ring, I’ve just always imagined I would have something a little bit bigger and I guess was a little dissapointed. The ring is beautiful but to me would be even more beautiful if it was a little bigger.
The shop said basically we could have exchanged it originally but because they had to order the new size we not cannot which of course I understand they don’t want to be left with two rings.
It’s a small independant shop too so the policy is the policy I guess!!
Post # 17
If its really size you want, then as other bees have said check out their exchange policy. Here in the UK there are rights about returning things. Maybe check this out?
Then use the money to look at mossy or amora gems so you can get a bigger stone?
Post # 18
If you would like a larger stone why not get a man made stone or a larger less expensive stone put in? You can have that stone mounted in a necklace.
Post # 19
Life is better when we have aspirations and goals to work towards. Love your ring for what it is and save for an upgrade – discussd this with your husband-to-be and decide on this as a future goal together.
Post # 20
So why did your Fiance buy you a small ring if he knew you weren’t going to be satisfied with it?
Post # 21
I’m not a jeweler, but I don’t see why you couldn’t put a slightly larger diamond in that setting. Maybe they would let you upgrade the diamond rather than return the ring? I’m sentimental, though, so I’d want to keep it. PP’s suggestion of putting it in a necklace is great. I have a .25 ct diamond set in a necklace and it’s very pretty and I get a lot of compliments on it.
If you can’t afford to upgrade to .5 ct right now, you have a few options: wait it out until you can, or replace it with a larger gemstone, moissanite, etc. If I were you, I’d leave it alone for now and upgrade later.
I feel you on the size. Your ring is very delicate and pretty, but I would have been a little disappointed with anything noticeably under .5 ct too. I’m pleased as punch with the 0.6 ct I picked out, though, so if that makes me shallow or greedy oh well.
Post # 22
katiejane10: Have you thought of adding to the bling with a wedding band covered in pave or even 2 bands? It’s a very beautiful ring and since you cannot return it, I don’t see another alternative.
Post # 23
Kikibear: I would guess he bought her the ring because he liked it and loved her.
Post # 24
I would just save up to add a bigger center stone eventually. If you love everything but the size, that seems to be the best option since you’ve mentioned financially you cannot afford to have two rings. Beautiful ring, by the way!
Post # 26
See if you can trade up or purchase moissanite and replace the stone with that and maybe bling it up with an enhancer. It doesn’t make you shallow to want some more bling. I def understand wanting something you like especially if you have to wear it everyday.
Post # 27
I bet if you did a stacked look it would pop out more. Cheaper alternative (within reason) unyil you can get the ring you want.
Have you looked around into getting it sold elsewhere? people are right, you won’t get your full amount back, but every bit helps.
Post # 28
What does the stores actual return/exchange policy say? Does it say it can’t be returned/exchanged if they had to order it? Cause if not, I’d go in and push to return it if the policy.. should be somewhere on the recipt usually… says that you can. Don’t just take their word for it, of course they want you to be stuck with it.
Post # 29
That’s a shady return policy. I do lots of shopping and have never encountered a jeweler that didn’t allow returns or exchanges. No Bueno. I say just get a nice blingy band. Getting a diamond double the size will be more money out of pocket. If your Fiance could afford that, he likely would have purchased a bigger diamond the first time.
Post # 30
You’ve had it less than a week? Definitely go back to the shop and be firmer. That may be their “routine answer” so they can try to keep the sale. I’ve never heard of a ring that can’t be return within a 30 day or so time slot. Check with your local BBB and see if there are any kind of “buyers remorse” laws that requires the store to refund your money. As a last resort, most stores are more than happy to take the center stone back and put it towards purchase from them of a larger stone, if it is simply the size of the center stone that is bothering you. If they are reputable, they will WANT you to be happy.