(Closed) Dr. refusing to see me after accident

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
3689 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

My health insurance didn’t cover my doctor visit when I was rear ended.  My doctor did see me, but I had to pay the full price out of pocket and get reimbursed by the other driver’s insurance. In your shoes, I’d try another doctor.

Post # 4
1714 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would not go see a chiropractor until you see a GP or Urgent Care. The nice thing is if you can go to an urgent care clinic with better facilities they can preform some tests which your GP cant typically like X-rays. Your GP may not have as much experience with car accidents as an emergency clinic may have. Take a book and some music and wait at the clinic. Insist on getting advise and treatment not just a simple diagnosis. Im not sure how billing works into any of this since I have never delt with the american system really.

Post # 5
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m guessing urgent care probably won’t see you for something like that, since it could be something very serious.  It probably isn’t, but there are liability issues.  For most car accident related injuries, especially around the head or neck, they’re probably just gonna send you to the ER anyway.

If the pain lingers after everything heals up, one option might be to try seeing a physical therapist. There are many that will see you without a referral from a doctor, and they can prescribe exercises and do massage to help any lingering pain.  But again, for recent injuries, they’d probably want you to go to an ER too.

Post # 6
2559 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Some Urgent Cares (like Solantic) allow you to “get in line” online, and then they will notify you when you should come by (about 30 minutes before). Then you can wait comfortably at home.

The topic ‘Dr. refusing to see me after accident’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors