(Closed) Drama is beginning to unfold

posted 11 years ago in 20 Something
  • poll: Should I be less worried about myself and more concerned for my friends' weddings?
    Yes : (97 votes)
    95 %
    No : (5 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 61
    1489 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Look I personally dont have a problem with the age thing.. You want to get married at 18 kudos to you.

My record for weddings in one year was 12 and I was involved in all of them  so the 16 weddings isnt that far off! and is possible.

By any chance to the poster did you grow up in a christian home? Because I did and alot of my christian friends or people that have been raised in the church marry quite young.

I dont think your foolish. As long as you know what you want and your going to be happy, go for it. It wont be easy but best of luck!

Post # 62
    97 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Slow down…you have your whole life to be married!  Your teens and early 20’s should be about having fun and learning about who YOU want to be.  When all my friends were getting engaged/married and I felt left out (mind you, I was 28), my now Fi told me, “It’s not about who gets married the fastest, it’s about who stays married the longest.”  He’s a smart guy 😉

Post # 63
    3579 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

All I have to say if you think 4 years is a ‘long’ time together – the rest of your life together as a married couple is going to be VERY LONG!

Post # 64
    1035 posts
    Bumble bee

When I was 18 I wasn’t even thinking about guys.  I was just graduating HS and just entered college that fall and have been in college ever since.  I didn’t start talking to guys until I was 20 I was always focused on school.  I met my SO when I was 20 and I’m now 23.  My SO is six years older than me and were not in any rush to get married.  I graduate college next  year and I want to wait until I have found a job and save up some money before we get married anytime in the future.  We both agree on that.  I mean sure would I like to married yes but is it pratical and the right thing for me now no.  I want to wait until I have established myself before I talk on a big commitment such as marriage.  I agree that 18 is way too young to be married even for the most mature 18 year old.  I know it may be hard with everyone else around you getting married but you have to do what’s the best for you.  Look at it this way time well only make your love go stronger as you both grow together and figure out what you want in life. I agree with the PP you have to look at the whole picture when it comes to marriage.  Do you guys have the same morals and vaules?  What are your plans for the future?  How do plan on supporting yourself? Do you plan on furthering your college education?  These as well as other questions are ones you need to be asking your self.  You have plently of time to get married right now you should be focused on  either going to college or establishing some sort of career for your self either of these will take some time.  I see that you already have a job how about working on trying to get into a better position you know climb the ladder?  Ofcourse that is something that will also take time but you have the time. 

Post # 65
    983 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

I get that it’s wedding fever in your life right now.

But remember that a wedding is 8 hours. Marriage is for the rest of your life. And nothing really magical happens after you get married; it’s kind of more of …the same (unless you move in with one another or you’re pregnant, but in general, it’s the same).

Why do you want to get married??

Post # 66
    184 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

18 is super young! You’re not even old enough to legally be allowed to drink at your own reception!

I thought I was going to marry my highschool boyfriend. We talked about it all the time. But then I went away to University and met all sorts of new people and before we knew it we had drifted apart. On the other hand though, lots of people get married young, and lots of people marry the person they dated in highschool. One of my very best friends got married when she was 20. Its been more than 5 years now, and they’re super happy. They even have the cutest baby. I just worry that you may be forcing things to go faster than they should. Slow down and enjoy your youth!

Post # 67
    300 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I don’t think the concern is your age but when you focus so much on other people you miss your own life! 

Post # 68
    92 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

wow… 18 is pretty young to be getting married. just because everyone around you is getting married doesnt mean that you have to do the same. at such a young age you should be more concerned about learning more about yourself and figuring out a career plan! i know its hard to learn from others mistakes but please take heed to what the other bees are saying and just be patient.

Post # 69
    370 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

My friends and I have gone through phases of getting married too: some got married all in the same year when they were about 25? Then there was a period of time when no one got married for awhile. Then there seems to be a 2nd wave of engagements/marriages between the ages of 29/30. I know that people my sister’s age also have a 3rd wave of getting married around the early 30s(33ish).

The topic ‘Drama is beginning to unfold’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors