(Closed) Dress & Necklace – am I doing too much?

posted 7 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
Hostess
11283 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@AKGsquared: AT first I thought maybe you might be over doing it but then I looked at them both again and the dress will make a bold enough statement with the line of the ruffle that comes from under the bust line. Also, as that ruffle twists around your silhouette, the necklace has a twist design so I reckon they could compliment each other great. Although your dress will make a bold statement it’s not making a bling bling statement so the necklace could well finish it off perfectly.

Post # 4
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@AKGsquared: I think it could work!  I’d just keep any other jewelry very minimal, if anything. 

Post # 5
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

The dress is complicated in construction, but I think because it’s so plain (that is, no beading, etc.), the necklace would complement rather than overwhelm it.  And, as Prewitt pointed out, the ruffle and the twisted necklace look like they’d work well together.  I llike it!

Post # 6
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I like them together. I would just keep everything else simple. They are both gorgeous!

Post # 7
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think it’s a cool twist on the traditional bridal pearls. But I wouldn’t wear any bracelet, and maybe just pearl stud earrings. Statement necklaces aren’t overdone in themselves, its overdone when you wear a bunch of other accessories with it. Google “Eva Mendes 2009” she wore a white gown and big necklace to the golden globes, it looks nice.

Post # 8
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I like it!

Post # 9
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I say go for it!

Post # 10
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think they will go great together as long as you keep everything else simple like PPs have said!  Gorgeous! 

Post # 11
428 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I say go for it! Both are absolutely gorgeous! I think the necklace is a really great statement piece. If your dress had more details I would say no but I think the necklace will compliment it verrry nicely!

Post # 13
3620 posts
Sugar bee

Check out White House Black Market as they have some nice necklaces that are of a similar style.

Lia Sophia may have something too… Their “Catwalk” necklace looks close…

Also, Stella & Dot has some bold necklaces that might work too!

Post # 14
3620 posts
Sugar bee
Post # 15
3620 posts
Sugar bee

I’m partial to the statement necklace, as you can see 😉 Here is mine that I got at John Lewis Department Store in England (http://www.johnlewis.com) !

The topic ‘Dress & Necklace – am I doing too much?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors