(Closed) Dress Decisions!!! (PIC HEAVY)

posted 9 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress do you think is the most flattering for a destination elopement to NZ?
    Melissa Sweet Mikado : (40 votes)
    11 %
    Melissa Sweet Fit and Flare Vintage : (209 votes)
    60 %
    David's Bridal Satin with Beading : (102 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 78
    160 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014 - Ceremony: St Patrick\'s Basilica Reception: Southern Cross Ballroom, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

@Chunkyswifey143:  Definitely go with a heavier dress then south is so chilly! yup it will be spring :), but with nz it’s a different kind of spring lol. I live in australia so last time i went in november (even though it was spring) i was really cold lol, but for me 25 degree days are cold as i am used to the hot weather in aussie land :P. It didn’t rain for me when i was there in november, but i would say to expect anything as nz has it’s surprises :). It could possibly snow if the weather is cold enough though, just keep an eye on the weather getting closer to the date ^^. Oh! and daylight savings starts on the 29th of september this year and doesn’t end until april next year, so the days will be slightly longer 🙂

Post # 80
    2287 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@Chunkyswifey143:  I think she means 25 degrees celsius though. That’s 77 fahrenheit. Cool

My friend got married on the top of a mountain in Queensland in winter, which I think is comparable to the South Island in spring (maybe a little warmer) It was certainly jacket weather. She wore a 1950s dress with a matching coat, kind of like this:

I do love the cape idea though. Some designers, especially the European ones, have capes designed to go with dresses. Like these:

If you go with the coat idea, Etsy has some interesting ones, e.g. 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/93405482/brides-formal-vintage-brocade-coat

Post # 81
    933 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013 - Creek club at ion, SC

I tried on the third dress myself and hated it. I think on the elongated model it looks great and the design looks evenly placed but on a my height it was just so overwhelming. i dont think your picture shows just how gold those details are 

i love the second on you 

love the back of the first but not the front 

you could keep looking around

Post # 82
    2 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: December 2014

@Chunkyswifey143:  3rd dress for sure… I wud say 2nd one but u said not to bridal. 

Post # 83
    68 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Would you consider Anna Campbell dresses, something unique, bridal but ‘not so bridal’? Different and simple but still makes a statement.

She’s based in Melbourne, Australia – where I’m from. 🙂

Post # 84
    1000 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@Chunkyswifey143:  For my personal taste, I like the look of #2 the best.  But that’s just my taste.  You should go with what makes you feel more “you”.. something you’re super comfortable wearing because all eyes will be on you..!  You don’t want to be playing the “what if” game later when you purchase something that doesn’t chime perfectly with your taste.

Post # 85
    68 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Other Anna Campbell designs – Alexandra and Grace

Post # 86
    132 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

I really like the first one, I think it looks great on you and will go with your desire to be un-bridal…you look great in all of them but I agree with you that the other two look typical.

Post # 87
    265 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@Chunkyswifey143:  I like it also love the back and the top however, still loving the 2nd there’s just something about it.

Post # 88
    265 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@jansnowdrops:  loving both of these SO Pretty!!!! Love the bling on 1st and the sleeves on 2nd not to mention the dress is light and airy

Post # 89
    602 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

#2 looks INCREDIBLE on you!

Post # 91
    164 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I like the second one on the model where the bottom doesn’t stick out so far.  I can’t tell if you are wearing a slip under it, but I would try it without a slip to see if it will drop down.  If so, that might be my favorite.  Otherwise, I think without question the third dress looks the best on you and flatters your body the best.

The topic ‘Dress Decisions!!! (PIC HEAVY)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors