(Closed) Dress Drama: Galina SV415..is it the dress for me?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which is the dress for me?
    Keep the Galina SV415 : (40 votes)
    57 %
    Go with the Maggie Sottero Adrianna : (12 votes)
    17 %
    Keep looking for other dresses : (18 votes)
    26 %
  • Post # 3
    4429 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@honeybeeee3130:  i would have to see the other dress on you to make a choice ; (

try on some diffrent dresses and post them.

Post # 4
    6512 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

I say go with the Galina.  It is the dress you love, and it looks great on you!  The flower skirt is a trend, but I like the way it is more subtly done here. 

Post # 5
    3244 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

The Galina looks fabulous on you! If you love it, you love it. My Mom didn’t give much input on my dress either. Although hers was a result of her Mom not letting her buy the dress she wanted.

I’d be really reluctant to go with the maggie dress since you couldn’t try it on.

Post # 7
    352 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I love that dress on you!  so pretty and elegant! I would for sure keep it. It is beautiful!!

Post # 8
    2288 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: Central Park

I like the Maggie Sottero dress better. If you’re figure conscious you might appreciate the zig zag design better as they tend to be more flattering than an all over pattern. But you look gorgeous in the first one. Maybe you can find a store that has the dress in a size you can try on.

Post # 9
    259 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I love the Galina on you, but I’m probably biased since I bought the same dress!  I’m adding a jeweled sash to it for a little extra sparkle, it turned the dress from a love to a LOVE!

Post # 11
    259 posts
    Helper bee

@honeybeeee3130: This is a picture of me wearing the ivory sample with the ivory sash in the store.  I got both in white.  The sample isn’t the right size so it doesn’t fit quite right but you get the idea.  The sash is from David’s style #G21600.  If you do decide to get a sash I recommend looking on etsy.com in their bridal accessories section for one before purchasing anything.  They have a lot of great sashes and other accessories, often for a better price than at Davids and you can even have things custom made for you by certain sellers.  Unfortunately I didn’t learn about this until AFTER I had bought my sash, but it’s beautiful so I guess I’ll live, haha.

Post # 13
    259 posts
    Helper bee

In that picture I’m wearing David’s standard 2 tier a-line slip.  As you know the skirt on this dress is heavy so it smushes the slip down a little bit.  I’m considering getting the hoop skirt slip because I do want the wider skirt look. They call this dress a ballgown on the website but the skirt is so heavy it doesnt really look like one.  I saw pictures of a girl wearing a hoop slip and the dress looked beautiful with the fuller bottom but if you dont want the big pouf you should be good with the fit and flare or a-line slip. 

Post # 14
    173 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@honeybeeee3130:  This is what the dress looks like with a full a-line slip underneath, if you still wanted to see:

Post # 15
    176 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@honeybeeee3130:  The Galina fits you perfectly! I would have to see the Maggie on you to truly make an informed decision, buuuut the Galina looks like it was made for you. Beautiful!

Post # 16
    130 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

The Galina is beautiful! 

The topic ‘Dress Drama: Galina SV415..is it the dress for me?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors