(Closed) Dress help!!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress would you pick

stay safe with dress one (local)

take a chance with dress 2 (out of country)

• Post # 2
    4054 posts
    Honey bee

They are both pretty but dress #2 is gorgeous!!!!!

Post # 3
    Hostess
    11050 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
    tkim1016: I love the local dress. It looks perfect on you! Think it’ll be hard to beat that.

Post # 4
    1245 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
    tkim1016:  The first dress looks amazing on you and I can see how the 2nd would also. If it makes you feel better, I don’t think the first dress is plain at all. You’re wearing the dress, not the other way around. I noticed the #2 dress more than the model, so I would be weary of that dress if you’re not tall (since there’s a lot going on at the bottom).

Do you know anyone who purchased dress #2 at The Shop? If you’re in love with the 2nd dress, then I can see how it would be disappointing if the dress didn’t turn out the way you had wanted it to. 

I personally would stick with #1 just b/c something custom made would be overwhelming for me while I wait. In addition, I would be devastated if the dress didn’t seem close to 100% to the original. However, I think if you paid to have the designer fabric and what-not, then you’ll be satisfied with how the dress turns out.

Post # 5
    4092 posts
    Honey bee

Keep looking if you don’t feel 100% comfortable with your options.

Post # 6
    1460 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
    tkim1016:  dress 2 is amazing!! You look great in the first though! I think you have to ask yourself if you would still love #2 if it wasn’t exactly like the picture. Replicas aren’t 100% perfect/accurate. If you are okay with that then go for it…it would be a stunning dress!

Post # 7
    1226 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

The first dress looks gorgous on you.  If you like the second style have you considered trying on WTOO Giselle?  It is a similiar style to the second dress you show and you would decide if it’s something you would like. 

Post # 8
    8481 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2014

I’d keep looking. Since you say you wouldnt have chosen the first dress, but ended up liking it on you, maybe step outside what you THINK you’ll like and try on a wider range of dresses.

Post # 9
    2271 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    tkim1016:  

I wouldn’t risk dress two but if you’re not in love with dress one their are local designers out there that make sexy low back lace dresses. Perhaps you could find a happy medium between the two, also I worry dress two is more trendy than timeless. Plus I really think you can find a dress that combines the feeling of both dress one and two.

Essense of Australia D1865

Martina Liana 675

Watters ‘Viena’

Watters ‘Isa’

Wtoo ‘Giselle’

Pronovias ‘Carezza’

Pronovias ‘Marilia’

Pronovias ‘Mariana’

Enzoani ‘Jodie’

Mori Lee 2713

Post # 10
    85 posts
    Worker bee

I see you want a VERY drama dress, then no, I wouldn’t buy the first one hold out for the POW dress

Post # 11
    309 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2019 - Costa Rica

View original reply
    llussier:  all of those dress are beautiful 

Post # 12
    229 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

View original reply
    tkim1016:  I would stay with the local dress. there are many backless options that you can find locally, I tried on the Wtoo Gisselle and to be honest,  I thought that I love it untill I tried something else. It was a very beautiful dress But it did absolutely nothing for my figure. The dress just literally sat there on top of my body. You’re unable to where shapeware like cinchers or bras. I am pretty slim but I do have a little bit of stomach so the dress did not look as nice as I wanted to on me. I opted out for a Stelle York with a very low open back but not completely backless. Also, remember that the shop is not perfect at replicating the structure of the dress and I’m not sure if they have figured out how to do the bra part. I was going to get my dress from them for $500 but I’m scared of them now. 

The topic ‘Dress help!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors