Dress help!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
47377 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
charliesangel09 :  Dresses get horizontal wrinkles when they are too tight. It could be just a smidge too tight which stops the fabric from sliding down over your hips. It could even be just the lining or inner layer.

Post # 4
733 posts
Busy bee

hard to tell in a picture, but to make a guess I think that it may be stitched improperly. I’d get a second opinion from another seamstress if it was me. If fixing the problem requires a lot of taking the seams apart, that could make the situation worse or very expensive.  I don’t think it looks bad at all. Had you not mentioned it in the post I probably wouldn’t have realized the imperfection was there at all. I had to look closely to see what you were talking about. I  you can’t find a way to smooth it out, rememeber that most all pictures are now edited and that could maybe  be taken care of in your pictures. In any case, you’re likely to be the only one to really notice it, so unless it’s uncomfortable I wouldn’t stress it too much.

Post # 5
1408 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2020

I also have a hard time seeing exactly what you mean, even while purposefully looking for it, so I don’t think your guests will notice too much. 

If it’s still going to stress you out, take it to a seamstress and see what their opinion on it is.

If nothing can be done, just talk to your photographer to make sure they edit it out in your official photos. As a photographer myself, it would would be a very easy fix in Photoshop.

Post # 6
1226 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Horizontal wrinkles usually occur above the area that needs to be let out.  You might want to let the dress out more at the top of your thighs.  Otherwise, wear it around the house and see if the fabric will stretch some as some fabric does stretch.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors