(Closed) Dress Help Please – Mori Lee 4907

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

The flare may be differnet if your not wearing a slip underneath.  That will sure poof it out.  As for the line  I really dont see it in the stock photo,  I wonder if the angle makes a difference

Post # 4
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

The only thing I can think of is that because that’s a sample and has been worn so many times, it’s going to look different than a totally new dress. I’m sure that model also has a crinoline on under hers, whereas you don’t. I really love this dress, though.

Remember, she’s also a professional model who’s been heavily Photoshopped!

Post # 5
1770 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Hmm I see what you mean, the bottom actually looks quite different. I would try it on with a fit and flare slip to see if that helps.

Post # 6
1876 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Well, if you stood with one leg drstatically infront of the other and on a total tilt, then yep – it’d look pretty different lol. I hate when “model” pics have them standing in the strangest contortions. But yep – this dress would look very different with my crinolen underneath.

Post # 7
6741 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

That is a really beautiful dress!  I love it! 

I think the problem is that it looks like it’s SUPER TIGHT all the way down on the model and on you, it looks like it’s not.  Somewhere around the hip area, it looks like there’s loose material.  I think that and a mermaid crinoline underneath would make a huge difference.

Post # 8
2781 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@KatLaw83:  the skirts are not the same. Look how the one online shows the rouching continuing diagonally then gradually stopping in the skirt. The one you tried on doesn’t have that at all, and the skirt looks more lacy, whereas the online pic doesn’t have as much of the lace showing through.

Post # 9
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

The tulle outside the skirt you tried on hangs straight down, while the tulle on the model photo is swept to the side to continue the ruching pattern. Find out how the dress would be made if you actually ordered it. A crinoline would help some, but not all unless the dress is made with the tulle swept to the side like in the stock photo. The one you tried on looks like a bad knock off. 🙁

Post # 10
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

The skirts are the same.  Just one has pleates folded in the tulle, the store sample doesn’t.  Maybe they accidentally steamed out the pleates after they took the dress out of the box.  I’ve seen that happen on several dresses.

Post # 12
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I ordered this dress as well! I found the crinoline makes a huge difference in the look. I kind of liked mine better without but as someone stated above, this photo looks loose on youe hips, try it more fitted all the way down, the difference is night and day! 🙂
Good luck, this dress is beautiful!!!

Post # 13
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@KatLaw83:  did you happen to buy this dress, doyou have diff. photos of you in it?

@nicki121986:  do you have photos of it ? can you share?

Post # 14
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@KatLaw83:  hi i just tried the mori lee 4907 today. it’s probably too late to post this but the one i tried looked exactly like the stock photo. it folded in pleats on a diagonal. Yours in the photo looked nothing like the one I tried….

The topic ‘Dress Help Please – Mori Lee 4907’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors