(Closed) Dress help- what style fits my shape better?

posted 11 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress is more flattering to my full figure? and prettiest?
    Alfred Angelo dress with pickups : (35 votes)
    16 %
    Davids Bridal dress with soft pickups : (72 votes)
    32 %
    The poofy dress.. lol : (6 votes)
    3 %
    Semi-simple Dress : (23 votes)
    10 %
    The soft small poof dress : (86 votes)
    39 %
  • Post # 32
    1106 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

I like them all but what it sounds like from YOU is what you love #1 and #2.  Don’t buy a dress if you don’t love it bc you’ll regret it and could end up a two-dress bride! Out of 1 and 2, I prefer the second but that’s just me!

Post # 33
    983 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I agree with Jelly.  I waited until about 6 months before to get a dress.  I was losing weight, and searching online.  At 6 months I bought a dress in a fit n’ flare – not a shape that I thought would look good on me. 

After ordering the dress to fit my largest measurement & another few months of weight loss, My seamstress had to take it in 3+ sizes, which caused some issues with the shape.  I’d wait a while to find the dress if you have a year.  Your shape may change, and you might find that you like the way you look in another dress the best.  And while seamstresses can make miracles happen, it’s better to have a dress that is close to fitting you when they start.

I think #5 is the most flattering cut on you.  But I think what is making the difference is the sweetheart neckline & the roushing at the waist.  Dress number 2 could probably be modified into a slight sweetheart, which will make the top less harsh.

Keep the photos, go back in 3 or 4 months & see what you like better then.. just my opinon.

Post # 34
    389 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I LOVE dress number two on you!  It’s so soft and feminine!  Dress five is also gorgeous!  I like dress one, but the top looks too “stiff” to me.  You look beautiful though!

Post # 35
    575 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

I agree with Trailmix – definitely get the dress you’re happiest with!  And also like her, out of 1 and 2 I really like number 2.  They all look good though (and they’d look even better once the dress was tailored to fit you better – some of them look too big…)

Good luck deciding!

Post # 36
    1760 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

The last dress looks great on you!  Seriously, amazing.  That’s my choice!

Post # 37
    6610 posts
    Bee Keeper

I love Dress Two!!! Gorgeous and you look so happy! (And I like the back!)

Post # 38
    1830 posts
    Buzzing bee

So…..I tried on dresses with pick ups and I just lovvvvvvvved this one but all my sisters were against pickups.  Looking back I still like the way the dress looked on me but I do think pick ups put a bit of bulk on the bottom that kinda is a bit off.  But…..I do really like the way #1 defines your waist so much before going down to the pickups,  it really accentuates your hourglass shape instead of just being random bulk on the bottom. 

Post # 39
    8247 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

The last dress looks absolutely stunning on you!!  Number 1 also really defines your waist but the bottem half of the dress doesn’t do a lot for you.  Numbers 2, 3, and 4 don’t show off you shape and/or curves very well in my opinion.

Post # 40
    107 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I like the second one best. It looks beautiful on you and you look so happy in it. I like the fabric, the color, the fit, and the style (including the sash). I don’t think you need to lose any weight, nor are you plus-sized! You would look beautiful getting married tomorrow. Especially in dress #2!

Post # 41
    201 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I think #4 and #5 flatter you most!  #5 being my favorite 🙂  #2 is cute though too and you look so happy!  Its a tough one!  I dont like #3 really at all

Post # 42
    68 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

definately the last one!  they are all gorgeous on you though!

Post # 43
    426 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I’m a #4 and #5 fan, but I agree with some of the other bees on here, who cares what we think, it’s your day, you pick the one that you love.

Post # 44
    1373 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Yowza!  Holy hourglass.  I had a hard time picking – all of them make your figure look awesome.  I think 1 and 5 are probably the best, though.  Also, 5 doesn’t really remind me of a prom dress, so if you like it, do it.

Post # 46
    846 posts
    Busy bee

I think #5 looks GREAT on you!!! And I don’t think it looks like a prom dress.  🙂

The topic ‘Dress help- what style fits my shape better?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors