Silaba : (38 votes)
    49 %
    Master : (39 votes)
    51 %
  • Post # 3
    322 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I actually like them both, but if I had to choose, I’d go with the Pronovias dress.

Post # 4
    185 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  They are so similar, but I like the draping of the bodice of the Master. I think it really flatters your top, and I like the straps too.

Post # 5
    4436 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I love the Silaba on you- totally figure-flattering!!

Post # 6
    724 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Ok, since you asked for my opinion, I will be completely honest. Both are beautiful, but the Master blows the Silaba out of the water in my opinion. The master is unique, dramatic, and flattering, and has the same beautiful quality lace.  I don’t really like the neckline of the Silaba, as it covers you up too much and looks bulky. Also, I prefer a long dramatic train and the Silaba’s bottom is just too small for me.  With that said, if you prefer the mermaid look of the Silaba, maybe you can go back to one of the dresses you tried before that were similar to the Master but had more of a mermaid shape underneath? The stock photo of the Master looks like a mermaid under the top layer, but in the photos with you wearing it, it doesn’t look very mermaid.

Post # 7
    724 posts
    Busy bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Looking back at your other posts, I think it was the Finnistere by Pronovias that was similar but had more of a mermaid shape.  However, it also seems that you have really loved the Silaba since the very beginning and maybe you should keep that in mind. If your eye keeps going back to the Silaba, then maybe that is the one that is meant to be.  You seem really happy in it and your shape does look great. Maybe you can get the Silaba, but have the neckline altered to a sweetheart?

Post # 8
    1935 posts
    Buzzing bee

Wow they are both gorgeous! I prefer the first dress, but what worries me is how to bustle it and the high likelihood that the dress would tear! All it takes it one person to step on it!

Post # 9
    1004 posts
    Bumble bee

love them both, the master is very unique though

Post # 11
    14 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I have Pronovias Balira which is practically identical to silaba only a slightly lighter colour and a smaller diamante detail under the bust. I adore my dress and loved how I felt trying it on.  I think when you know, you know, and it sounds like you feel that way about silaba.

Master is very pretty but I’d be worried about the long train. If somebody stood on it accidentally I think it might rip, plus would you want to bustle it for the evening? How would that look with the shorter part of the underneath? There’s a pronovias denia which is similar but strapless if you decide to go with that style.

You look lovely in both, but go with your heart.

Post # 12
    3195 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

i voted master. it’s unique and different, dramatic and a show-stopper. i feel like everyone has dresses like the pronovias.

also, the master makes your boobs look awesome! snaps!

Post # 13
    2827 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Definitely the Master. It is much more unique and to me looks like a designer gown, with that beautiful train. The other one, while very pretty, looks like so many other dresses.

I also feel that the Master makes you look taller (it has more vertical lines) and I much prefer the neckline – it does great things for your boobs. The straight neckline of the Pronovias just flattens them. I don’t particularly like the empire waist belt of the Pronovias either – it looks odd there.

Post # 14
    520 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Did you end up going with the Silaba? That dress is amazing but I’m a La Sposa Master bride and I’m hunting real life pics. or dress twins.

Post # 16
    520 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  LOL It was worth a shot.

I’m starting to think I’m the only La Sposa Master bride in the world!!

The topic ‘Dress Journey #1.75 – Pronovias Silaba Vs. La Sposa Master’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors