- 8 years ago
- Wedding: March 2013
I always love looking at everyone’s dress journey pics and decided to finally participate. 🙂 Unfortunately a couple of the bridal shops didn’t allow pictures, so I’m not able to show them all. But here are a few of the top contenders, and then The One!
1. This was the very first dress I tried on. Loved the fit!
2. I tried that same dress on with a lace cover-up. It was pretty. But, it made me feel old and frumpy. (Excuse the massive cleavage.)
3. This next dress I loved in the store! So much so, I thought it could be the one! When I got home and looked at pictures, I didn’t have the same feeling. In the pictures, it made me just feel kinda blah.
After a week or so of mulling over the same dress pics, I decided to go looking at one more store. This time, I had a new focus. I wanted to find a dress that was a little more fun. I decided that I wanted more of a “wow” factor.
4. I tried this next dress on but could not get a pic of me in it. So, here’s a model pic. I loved this dress and how “fun” it was. I almost said “yes” until my bridal consultant said she had one more dress in mind.
5. My consultant had one more dress in mind for me, but wasn’t sure if she should show it since it was a few hundred dollars over my budget. I told her that I would take a look at it and try it on. I told her that the only way I’d go over budget was if I LOVED it. Well, as soon as I stepped out of the dressing room and looked at myself in the mirror, I knew it was THE ONE! I didn’t want to take it off. It was the first dress that I put on that made me say “wow!” The downside is that my mom and sister weren’t as excited as I was about the dress. Lol. But, I followed my gut and ordered it anyway. I can’t wait to get it altered. This one is about 2 sizes too small. What do you guys think? 🙂 (Oh… I photoshopped the top a little bit to show a little less cleavage.)
This is my journey! Please share yours!! 🙂