(Closed) Dress Regret & Resolution (and non-teary dress selection)

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

What a beautiful dress!  

I’m really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  What a mixed bag of emotions to be going through.  

I definitely agree with you about not having the made-for-TV moment.  I was the same way – in fact, my Maid/Matron of Honor started to cry, but not me!  I just felt really happy and knew that was how I wanted to look when I married my Fiance.  πŸ™‚

Post # 5
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend…but what you said about the dress-picking process is SO TRUE. I think I watched too many episodes of SYTTD and expected an emotional moment for me and my sister who went shopping with me, but never did get that. I found this dress that made me feel beautiful, peaceful and like myself, just like you said. But I still kept feeling like the 2 of us should have been more emotional, so I went home and slept on it…i finally got it and still don’t regret it! I trust my sister who loved the dress on me, and i love the dress on me, tears or no tears! πŸ™‚

Post # 6
609 posts
Busy bee

By the way, I ordered a yard of the lace my dress is made of so I could get the off-the-shoulder look, too. I love that off-the-shoulder look. I’m doing that for the ceremony and detaching it so it’s strapless for the reception. How are they adding yours on?

Post # 7
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

When I had my tearful ‘say yes to the dress’ moment, it had little to do with the dress itself. Just knowing that I was commiting to my wedding made the whole wedding and marriage thing so real.

Post # 9
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I have to agree – I didn’t have ‘that’ moment, but the dress I’m getting is the one that makes me feel like the bridal version of me.  Everything else I tried on I said was a pretty dress, but I felt like I was playing dress up.  The dress I’m getting doesn’t feel like dress up at all and everyone who sees a pictures says that it’s Smiles4Jo dress.  I just feel at peace when I’m wearing that dress and that’s exactly what I need when all the other craziness is circling around me. 

Post # 10
609 posts
Busy bee

@39bride:  Thanks for the advice! πŸ™‚

Post # 11
46 posts
Newbee

Thanks for this post!  I didn’t get emotional at all, I am like the dress and the more I look at it and at the fittings I am falling more and more in love with it.  This will be a long-time love πŸ™‚  Sometimes for me, if I absolutely love something right away, it wears off quickly and I change my mind.  I feel beautiful, eleganty simple and at ease in the dress.  Who could ask for more?

The topic ‘Dress Regret & Resolution (and non-teary dress selection)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors