(Closed) DRESS REGRET

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Do you have the funds to purchase a 2nd dress to wear during the reception?

Post # 4
1096 posts
Bumble bee

Can you see if they can take out some of the layers of tulle so it’s less heavy?

Post # 5
261 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
amandabrown3:  well that’s kind of a question only you can answer. If the dress you wanted only needs minimal alterations since you’re 3 weeks out, you could buy that dress and list the other one on tradesy or preownedweddingdresses and make some of the money back that you spent on your original dress. Do you have pics of yourself in either of the dresses?

Post # 6
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

View original reply
amandabrown3:  I don’t know – I can’t answer that for you LOL. You don’t get this day over. Maybe other bees have more helpful advice. Or maybe you’ll fall in love with it once you have your hair and make-up done, and your accessories on?  TBH I LOVE the first one.  But you have to love it, not me.  

Post # 7
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I love your dress, and I think it IS romantic with that soft tulle skirt! But it’s what you think that matters. If you aren’t loving it and are worried about your future DH tripping over it when you dance, I’d look into getting a second dress for the reception. It doesn’t even have to be “bridal” – it could be whatever you want (and by not being traditionally “bridal” you could probably save a lot of $$$ on it). Maybe look at bridesmaids dresses that come in ivory, champagne, or blush? 

I ended up changing into this J. Crew bridesmaid dress partway through our reception because my wedding dress was so uncomfortable. They also have this long lace wedding dress that comes in ivory. J. Crew returns are really easy so you could order a bunch and see what works.

Post # 9
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I have been fluctuating for months between absolutely loving and being on the fence about my beaded drop waist ballgown.  I plan on doing some major dancing and it’s not easy to move in.  This weekend while shopping for a rehearsal dinner dress I ended up buying a reception dress at Macy’s.  It’s Adrianna Papell, which you can also find at Nordstroms.  I highly recommend Nordstrom’s, great & fast with alterations that are free because they give you the money back in Nordstrom notes.  Also, they’re pretty easy going with returns so you can probably get all your money back after…just sayin…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by ringtoning.
Post # 10
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

View original reply
amandabrown3:  would love to see the dresses on you actual photos.

regarding regret I SO get it!!! I really didnt fancy dress shopping at the time …. Went with the first I tried …. But then didn’t want to change it either due to thinking I may regret that… Then that…. Then that!! And round in circles!!! I had hellish fittings …. It’s all been so stressful …. but if the dress you have fits and is stunning AND you say you have the funds for another…. I know it sounds wasteful…. But why not have a reception dress? You got one chance at this! my guess is the dress you have looks amazing on you though xx

Post # 11
150 posts
Blushing bee

Dress Regret is very real. I had it after looking at how it looked on my sisters cell phone but in person I love it. So I am just hoping it is captured differently with the photographer. Plus the same thing as you but opposite. Mine is kind of like the gown you wanted with the exception of the top and now I kind of want something more flirty like the one you have. Lol we always want what we dont have I guess. But def try to find a dress like the one you want as a reception dress. Thats what I plan on doing either from where I got my dress made or another site I found GOOD LUCK!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by anpjlrr71009.

The topic ‘DRESS REGRET’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors