(Closed) Dress Regret

posted 4 years ago in Dress
Post # 16
1058 posts
Bumble bee

They did an awesome job.  Don’t be nervous!

Post # 17
832 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I literally gasped when I saw the second photo. Gorgeous! Rock that dress confidently, girlfriend – you look incredible.

Post # 18
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2016 - Minneapolis

What rolls?? Gorgeous dress!! 

Post # 19
72 posts
Worker bee

Really just joining the chorus here, but you look amazing!!

Post # 20
14 posts
Newbee

I am about your size/build and very self concious about the same areas so those are always the areas I seem to look at and grimace at when other ladies look bad or dress poorly for their size. With that being said I can honestly say the seamstress did an incredible job and the dress looks amazing on you! Don’t worry a bit, you’re a beautiful bride!

Post # 21
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

It looks gorgeous in the alterations. You aren’t the bride with the rolls. You look amazing!! If oyu have dress regrets, check out local dress consignments shops. You can get a perfect dress for a fraction price. 

Post # 22
2340 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I looked at the first pic and thought “she can do better.” Then I scrolled down and saw the post-alterations photo- the dress is beautiful & you look fantastic!

Post # 23
7804 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

This is what alterations are for! It looks perfect now, and is SO beautiful. You would probably hate yourself if you got a more covered dress – you will miss this beautiful one!

Post # 24
155 posts
Blushing bee

Before alterations, it looks … well, like a dress that needs alterations. Afterwards, you look like a freaking DRESS MODEL! SO gorgeous and perfect. I think you’ll look amazing and be not sweating to death in the Bahamas 🙂

Post # 25
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I think the bigger regret would be not wearing this beautiful dress. You look amazing! 

Post # 26
492 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Katie EA :   I love the back of your dress, and you know i felt the same with my dress (totally backless) i just had my first fitting and wow!, what a change i dont feel like a sausage no more,  I would love to see pic of the front of the dress, and you know for a Destination Wedding its just perfect!

Post # 27
3722 posts
Sugar bee

No rolls ot be seen in the second shot. I understand totally what you mean about feeling “exposed”. I hate that feeling too.  How about a whisper -thin chiffon wrap to drape across your shoulders for at least some of the day?

Post # 28
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2018 - Emerald at Queensridge

GORGEOUS! 

Post # 29
1189 posts
Bumble bee

Instead of thinking of yourself as the bride with the rolls…. which is clearly inaccurate… how about thinking of yourself as ‘the bride with the awesome dress who  is headed  to Barbados? ‘

seriously you look lovely! have a great time!!

Post # 30
3187 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

View original reply
Katie EA :  pre-alterations, it wasn’t going much for you. post-alterations, and it looks *much* better. can’t see any rolls in that pic! do you have a pic of the dress from the front? from the back it’s hard to tell if it really flatters your shape or not.

The topic ‘Dress Regret’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors